Search found 66 matches

by JohnStinstrom
29 Oct 2014, 23:06
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Pratica Di Mar Airbase, LIRE by J. Stinstrom
Replies: 12
Views: 947

Re: Pratica Di Mar Airbase, LIRE by J. Stinstrom

The scenery was designed ONLY for the default FS2004 terrain but my tester did forward a corrector file that is for the addons he uses (Italy New Coastline and Mazzokani’s Photo Ground). I have updated the downloads and am attaching the file here for other users. Hope it works :)
by JohnStinstrom
10 Sep 2014, 23:23
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Travis AFB by John Stinstrom on AVSIM
Replies: 13
Views: 945

Re: Travis AFB by John Stinstrom on AVSIM

On the other hand Stewart, your method is just as effective (and sometimes more emotionally satisfying :twisted: ) as Steve's - it's just that Steve's saves a lot of sweeping and painting afterwards. I just want to say that I really appreciate the help and support I get from the MAIW group. It's qui...
by JohnStinstrom
09 Sep 2014, 23:01
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Travis AFB by John Stinstrom on AVSIM
Replies: 13
Views: 945

Re: Travis AFB by John Stinstrom on AVSIM

Sorry about the missing file guys :oops: , thanks for catching the fault. I've uploaded a fixed version to the Avsim Library.
by JohnStinstrom
23 Aug 2014, 04:11
Topic: KNUQ NAS Moffet Fed. Afld by J. Stinstrom
Replies: 4
Views: 712

Re: KNUQ NAS Moffet Fed. Afld by J. Stinstrom

Thanks to Voorink for letting me know about the problem I am posting a new aircraft.cfg file on Avsim and here is a copy for anyone who has NOT changed the model file name :)
by JohnStinstrom
16 Jun 2014, 02:35
Topic: LIBN - Lecce AB, Italy by J. Stinstrom
Replies: 3
Views: 551

Lecce AB by J. Stinstrom TEXTURE FIX

Hi guys, Hartwig just let me know about an issue so I thought I'd post it here. Some users may find a lack of textures on the ammo bunkers in summer time. This is from to a missing texture in the upload due to my error. I am posting the texture here for anyone who has the problem. Thank again all
by JohnStinstrom
15 Jun 2014, 02:48
Topic: Updated NS Sigonella LICZ by J.Stinstrom
Replies: 3
Views: 603

Re: Updated NS Sigonella LICZ by J.Stinstrom

Hi guys, thanks for picking up (and correcting) the error in the traffic file! Hartwig just let me know about another issue so I thought I'd post it here. Some users may find a lack of textures on the ammo bunkers in summer time. This is from to a missing texture in the upload due to my error. I am ...
by JohnStinstrom
09 May 2014, 05:42
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Barksdale AFB Support Thread
Replies: 36
Views: 3008

Re: Barksdale AFB Support Thread

The water poly was there to black out the default city lights that showed up in the infield. Some users haver reported that it showed up from time to time although in the placement order it is buried under the photo background and theoretically should never be visible. Removal of the VTPL file in an...
by JohnStinstrom
08 May 2014, 22:41

Glad to hear there are improvements but sad to hear there are still problems :? . Here is photo from my own setup of what you should see. There is no fuel truck in the foreground and the ambulance is missing from the background so I am wondering if someone added some objects after the scenery was do...
by JohnStinstrom
06 May 2014, 22:01

That's one of the fuel trucks from the GGSE.bgl library. I would strongly recommend you download the latest (and last) version of the library directly from Avsim.net (file name is ggse_v4.zip). This last version contains model updates and textures fixes not available in the MAIW version - BUT you mu...
by JohnStinstrom
06 May 2014, 19:00

Is it this one? This can happen if you have more than one copy of the library on your system, didn't let the install program overwrite your existing files, or the package manager did not use the most current object library. Add this texture to your MAIW Object Library Folder and see if it works.
by JohnStinstrom
04 May 2014, 22:58
Topic: New Randolph scenery from John Stinstrom
Replies: 14
Views: 1428

Re: New Randolph scenery from John Stinstrom

Thank you Hartwig for the night textures. I normally don't use them at all and am not experiencing the CTDs myself. However we all know how individual systems can react differently and I am very grateful for you posting this fix on the Forum. [edit] you might also want to upload the patch to Avsim f...
by JohnStinstrom
30 Apr 2014, 23:33
Topic: Ellsworth Air Force Base by John Stinstrom
Replies: 18
Views: 1794

Re: Ellsworth Air Force Base by John Stinstrom

Sorry Greg :( , I moved to the PM page
by JohnStinstrom
19 Apr 2014, 23:58

Unfortunately there are a variety of reasons for this Mavke. The most common reason is/are missing textures in your world texture folder. If you send me your email address I can send you a copy of all the files (amout 1/2 a meg) and see if that clears up your problem.
by JohnStinstrom
14 Apr 2014, 22:02

Hi Mavke, sorry I don't understand your message. What is it that is not working in your scenery that you have to remove all the VT*.bgl files ?
by JohnStinstrom
06 Mar 2014, 20:19

Sorry guys, I missed that effect when packing it for upload. Here is the engine test effect . . .
by JohnStinstrom
07 Dec 2013, 02:08
Topic: Italian Air Force Eurofighter package by MAIW
Replies: 33
Views: 3553

Re: Italian Air Force Eurofighter package by MAIW

I appreciate that very much. Candidly though the whole scenery thing has been such a pain in the nethers that I can no longer bring myself to really care :shock:. I'll include a note about my ineptitude in the readme and probably another ADE that will allow users to retain crash-on at the cost of so...
by JohnStinstrom
06 Dec 2013, 04:48

It may be just me, I was trying to fit in with a Captina Sim F-104 (one of the narrowest aircraft I have) and that didn't make it. But slightly smaller aircraft (Default Piper) do with no crash. It seems that this is one of those times where FS can't pushed any further than the real world where many...
by JohnStinstrom
05 Dec 2013, 18:22

I adjusted the aircraft radius (with AFCAD) down to 5m but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I hate assume it's amodel issue and hence unfixable . . .
by JohnStinstrom
05 Dec 2013, 08:03

Hi guys, need a little help with a peculiar problem. I've found that the distance above is evidently too close to go to the Typhoons. Since I usually do my work in 'slew' I didn't notice until final testing that the aircraft 'hits a wall' (the normall non-crash reaction to hitting another aircraft) ...
by JohnStinstrom
25 Aug 2013, 16:17
Topic: Polish Air Force MiG-29 Package Support Thread
Replies: 44
Views: 4460

Re: Polish Air Force MiG-29 package by Miljan Korac & Nick Black

Thanks Stew, I didn't look closely enough for a texture :oops: - it's all there and looks great!