KNUQ NAS Moffet Fed. Afld by J. Stinstrom

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

KNUQ NAS Moffet Fed. Afld by J. Stinstrom

Post by Victory103 »

Up on Avsim now for FS9...should work in FSX too.

knuq_js3.zip

File Description:
Known originally as Naval Air Station Sunnyvale after it's christening in 1933, Moffett Field was renamed in 1942 in honor of Rear Admiral W.A. Moffett a founder of the Navy's Lighter than air program. By this time the LTA program had been reduced to the use of smaller dirigibles for scouting and anti-submarine work but the airfield remained immensely important as a fixed-wing facility due to the strategic location between Seattle and San Diego. The Ames Research Center established before the war also blossomed into a major post-war aeronautical research and development center due in part to the highly advanced wind tunnel facilities. After the Second World War, Moffett Field developed into a West Coast hub for Patrol and ASW operations against encroaching Soviet missile boats. The NASA presence at Moffett began as early as 1939 with the establishment of the Ames Research Facility and evolving into the sophisticated R&D complex it is today. This particular scenery package attempts to represent the base more or less as it is today.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
merlin101
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: KNUQ NAS Moffet Fed. Afld by J. Stinstrom

Post by merlin101 »

Nice addition, but has anyone had problem with the Orion's appearing that are included?
Dave
voorink
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by voorink »

I had the same issue but with help from John (a new P-3 aircraft & trafic file) the problem is solved.
I have just informed him that the P-3's are now showing up.
I suppose John will update his Moffett scenery.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

A quick rename of the Model.Pylons to Model.Pylon should get rid of some of the problems.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Thanks to Voorink for letting me know about the problem I am posting a new aircraft.cfg file on Avsim and here is a copy for anyone who has NOT changed the model file name :)
Attachments
Aircraft.cfg
(14.23 KiB) Downloaded 39 times