Search found 15 matches

by md530f
23 Apr 2024, 18:46
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: RAF Tengah
Replies: 32
Views: 1030

Re: RAF Tengah

I’m pretty sure that is an air start cart. It’s not a model I recognise, but this is some years before the RAF started to understand that ground air-conditioning was not just a nanby-panby aircrew perk! I did a Houchin in SketchUp a few years ago. Don’t think I’ve ever used it! https://i.imgur.com/...
by md530f
22 Apr 2024, 17:24

That'd be rather brilliant John, thank you.
by md530f
22 Apr 2024, 00:09

Thanks for the above John. Little bit of an update. Not much work done on the scenery itself and a whole lot of time spent learning Blender. It's not quite as scary as it used to be. I figured that I'll put a lot of the smaller objects that I'm going to create into a library that other people can us...
by md530f
06 Apr 2024, 22:09

Thanks guys. John, I had a think logically about the UV mapping process and I think I understand it. I'll have a crack at it today but I'll let you know if I run into issues. Tim, yeah, I was trying to use the auto unwrap and it was just producing garbage. I've got a friend who does payware helicopt...
by md530f
05 Apr 2024, 22:36

So I've been working on this project over the last couple of weeks. I think that I've more or less finalised the airfield layout with regard to the movement areas. The western side has almost no photos of it so I've had to base it on the aerial images from that period alone. All buildings on the eas...
by md530f
26 Mar 2024, 01:22

So, the reasons are two fold really. The first is that there are almost no period RAF stations available. Conningsby and Scampton have been done as payware but they are modern versions. There are a smattering of modern freeware interpretations but there are only Finningley and Wattisham that are per...
by md530f
25 Mar 2024, 20:14

Sorry, we don't even know your name, but your phrase "It's too much trouble otherwise" doesn't fit with us. We go to a lot of trouble to get things right and as authentic as possible - hence around 2000 hours to make and paint the models you want. To do that requires effort, and over the ...
by md530f
25 Mar 2024, 19:57

Be careful with converting other people's work from FSX/FS9 to MSFS. As with John's aircraft, they are released for use in those sims and, in general, the authors don't allow conversions of any kind, simply because it's so difficult to police. They cannot know if you are simply converting, or you a...
by md530f
24 Mar 2024, 00:50

You're right that it's about where you look. I trolled through nearly 9000 aerial images this morning on the Singapore government site and found a number of photos that are of use. They weren't specifically labelled Tengah. All sorts of details that no other sources that I've found do. I've download...
by md530f
23 Mar 2024, 19:14

John, I've obviously offended you and I apologise for that. I didn't join this forum for that purpose, I joined because this forum seems to have a wealth of knowledge about the era that I'm interested in that doesn't exist on other forums. If I got this to the point where I was ready to release it, ...
by md530f
23 Mar 2024, 08:18

So, it looks like, you want to use my Javelins, Shackletons, Victors, Hunters, Argosies and Canberras, as static objects. Looking at the package so far, the content looks like it's 90% my work. Let me see how the rest of the scenery progresses before I consider permissions. The objects in any case ...
by md530f
23 Mar 2024, 08:15

I’ve just spent an enjoyable hour or two researching Tengah. The taxiway centreline markings were more like a 10ft dash and a 30-40ft space! Not all of them were lit, but it would take a lot more research to find out which were and which were not. If you haven’t found it, singas.co.uk is a great re...
by md530f
22 Mar 2024, 22:17

Yeah, I've got to fix the Javelin models. At the moment I have 29 Squadron Javelins standing in. I need to check with John that it's OK to deconstruct his files a little to include them in the package.
by md530f
22 Mar 2024, 20:02

OK that's great. So I need to somehow find 20 Squadron Hunter models and 45 and or 81 Squadron Canberras. How about taxiway markings, did they bother with a taxiway centerline? What about lighting for taxiways? Do you think that they would've had approach lighting for the runways then or centerline ...
by md530f
22 Mar 2024, 00:12

RAF Tengah

Hi Guys I'm currently working on an MSFS scenery for mid 60s Tengah. It's been a bit of a hard slog finding images to go off of and learning the SDK. I'm at the point now where I'm starting to fill out the aprons with period correct items. Unfortunately, there are precious few of these around. In te...