RAF Herc squadrons

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

RAF Herc squadrons

Post by RKE »

Hello all, first (well 2nd) post here. I've become a big fan of the MAIW packs recently after being mainly a CivAv junkie since FS2002.

However, on to my question: I've been installing the RAF Lyneham Herc's, and I'm currently unable to track down what squadron some of the C4's & C5's belong to. Being a novice when it comes to anything military (heck, the Danish draft board even sent me a polite letter telling me not to bother showing up for the physical!), means it's somewhat difficult for me to know what to look for. And when I finally find a source, it will just give a general answer (ie. that it belongs to No. 24/30 Squadron).

The following regs are currently unasigned at the moment:
  • ZH868
    ZH873
    ZH874
    ZH875
    ZH878
    ZH879
    ZH884
I know this would probably be better suited at the UKMIL boards, but sadly it looks like there's very little activity going on there (last posted was in April), so any input is appreciated :)
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

The Squadron allocations of the C-130's are somewhat fluid.

As they tend to "inter-use" the aircraft, many publications/websites will list them as being on allocation to the Lyneham Transport Wing.

It may be that those you have listed have as yet not been designated for a particular Squadron.

Sorry I cannot be more help.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

Thanks for the reply anyway, Stewart. Got a mail from Graham King as well saying that the Herc's are pooled & assigned to whatever Squadron need them. I guess I'll just have to assign them so each squadron get an even number of herc's instead :lol: