Urgent Forum Maintenance

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Urgent Forum Maintenance

Post by gsnde »

It is great to see that, with very few exceptions, everyone realizes how complicated the situation was and how much effort and brainwork it took to make this leap into the future. MAIW is a project that people put their heart, time and money into.

When it became clear that MAIW could no longer produce packages like we did in the past, the MAIW community took over and started producing content. And look what amazing planes and sceneries you have created! So thank you for keeping MAIW alive.

Greg, special thanks to you for making this possible! You have done more than a great job!
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Martin/Greg, talking of money, will you be reinstating the donations button? Can you say anything about how much money we need to raise each year to pay for the facilities? Chipping in is the least we can do, after all the hard work, to keep the new ball rolling.

John
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

John Young wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 14:56 Martin/Greg, talking of money, will you be reinstating the donations button? Can you say anything about how much money we need to raise each year to pay for the facilities? Chipping in is the least we can do, after all the hard work, to keep the new ball rolling.

John
Agreed with the donations. If that not currently feasable then a Paypal account we can send to perhaps !!

I will add my thanks also for Greg's hard work BZ
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Wow, I'm truly humbled by all your kindness. :oops:

I just can't see this all going to waste. Especially now that I have realised that I have been doing this hobby for 20 years (the good old PAI days) and that I turned 40 last year. That's... literally half a lifetime.
John Young wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 14:56 Martin/Greg, talking of money, will you be reinstating the donations button? Can you say anything about how much money we need to raise each year to pay for the facilities? Chipping in is the least we can do, after all the hard work, to keep the new ball rolling.

John
Yes indeed, John. Thanks for bringing that up. The yearly bill is exactly 302.50 EUR. I need to check with Martin how we're going to organise the fund raising because he was kind enough to make the advance payment so that the lights could stay on.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I have no idea how much traffic the Hangar was getting before the revamp, but it does appear that it has been missed and that there is still an audience for what we do. I hope we can keep them entertained for a long time to come. Once again, thanks to Greg and all the others that helped in the background.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Martin, thank you so much for stepping in with cash to keep us going. I hope we can collectively reimburse you as soon as the facility is available.

John
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

If cash is the only way I can step in and help, then so I shall.

Some way of taking PayPal payments would be ideal.

Jorgen
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Jorgen,
That was the way that Greg suggested was best and therefore that is the way that we are going.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Just let me know how/where and I can drop a few quid into the pot !!
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

LOL! I think that you could probably rule out the possibility of us keeping that a secret.
Steve
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

petebramley wrote: 01 May 2024, 09:12 Just let me know how/where and I can drop a few quid into the pot !!
Ditto
Gavin
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Dont do a lot at the moment but willing to cough up a few spondolics when required :)

Cheers

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -