No AI Traffic

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

No AI Traffic

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi All

I've got this strange AI behaviour in FSX. Even with the aircraft slider is set to 100% there are no aircraft showing at any airport. I've checked the flight plans and they validate OK. The AI aircaft are all FSX mdls. I've tried everything but no luck.

Any ideas.

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: No AI Traffic

Post by Firebird »

When you say aircraft slider, do you mean both?
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Could be the classic FS9 traffic file issue? Use AIFP to see if one has crept in.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

I've had the FS9 traffic file issue occasionally when I add some FS9 scenery that has an AI traffic file with it and I didn't realize.

Did you add any scenery lately?
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Firebird wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 19:08 When you say aircraft slider, do you mean both?
Its the AI traffic slider. I'm investigatiing that a FS9 traffic file is hiding somewhere in my set up.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

What I meant was that there are two sliders, Airline traffic density and General aviation traffic density.
I seem to recall that depending upon what the callsigns they would come under one or the other.

If you are debugging make sure that both are set to 100% to make sure you see everything.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

OK. So I removed all the traffic files and replaced one by one. So far so good. EGLL is now populated by BA, Delta and American Airlines. Must be a FS9 traffic file yet to be found.

I'm about to install MAIW flight plans. I want to update the aircraft with latest FSX versions. Due to the hanger being worked on I cant access them.

Cheeers
John

Jorgen
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Jorgen »

John, in AIFP, under "Bulk Traffic", there is an option to recompile all traffic files on your system to the target flight simulator that is indicated by the radio buttons on the left side of the AIFP panel. That will take care of any lurking FS9 traffic files.

Jorgen
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I turned off "aircaft ground shadows" and all the AI aircraft have returned. Seems there is a bug in FSX that causes non-FSX aircaft to show up. Thanks to Google that showed many answers to the no AI question.
John