AI for MSFS

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Jive1
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

AI for MSFS

Post by Jive1 »

I'm looking for an AI Traffic compîler that makes aircraft, airport and flightplan into one traffic-bgl file. I had a lot of fun with this in FS9 at the time, also and especially with aircraft from MAIW. For MSFS2020 it also exists, but only experimentally, not official yet. A certain German simmer, Arend Thiele, has created and published a demo version of AI traffic in Europe, and that can be found as "Demo Version Europe AI Military Traffic Ver. 1.01_Zvj1S.rar" in Flightsim.to. But details of that, unfortunately, I can't find on the Internet. So I'm looking for the compiler he must have used to compile the traffic-bgl with that, because I actually think it's a nice and good system. Who can tell me where I can find that compiler.
Windows 10 Home NLD 64bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz 1600
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1024MB 1920 x 1080 NVIDIA High Definition Audio
C:\ NTFS 120,12GB 95,81GB 8 170MB
Redbull AV and Redbull Firewall
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: AI for MSFS

Post by John Young »

When we were developing AI aircraft for MSFS we just used FSX traffic files compiled with AIFP. The files worked fine, the problem was that the MSFS AI engine was broken by Asobo and created problems itself.

John
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

AIG have been working on this for some time with their AI Manager/Traffic Controller product (freeware), but I think they ran up against the same problems John did with MSFS Sim Update 12 and they seem to have put it on the back burner. However, the product is still available and it works very well for P3D. It uses a modified traffic file format which I believe is more flexible than the regular bgls, but I admit that I haven't studied it in detail. I believe it's possible to write your own traffic files in AI Manager, so you might find it'll work for military traffic. However, the lack of 'Eureka' announcements suggests to me that they're now waiting for MSFS 24 (they are advising Asobo on AI).

Their stuff is here.
Kaiii3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Kaiii3 »

TimC340 wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 14:54 AIG have been working on this for some time with their AI Manager/Traffic Controller product (freeware), but I think they ran up against the same problems John did with MSFS Sim Update 12 and they seem to have put it on the back burner. However, the product is still available and it works very well for P3D. It uses a modified traffic file format which I believe is more flexible than the regular bgls, but I admit that I haven't studied it in detail. I believe it's possible to write your own traffic files in AI Manager, so you might find it'll work for military traffic. However, the lack of 'Eureka' announcements suggests to me that they're now waiting for MSFS 24 (they are advising Asobo on AI).

Their stuff is here.
no issues at all, only a few MSFS AI related issues we try to overrule with our tool :D The code to support MAIW BGL files in our injector is enabled and can be used as soon as MAIW releases their packs.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

We can't really release the Lakenheath package now. It was built with Ian's scenery with his blessing and involvement, but he has since gone pay-ware with it with static aircraft and I don't want to minimise his return on that by competing with a freeware version. There is nothing else in the pipeline and the conversion process of the models is too intensive to be attractive to a 75 year-old trying to slow down a bit! I think we are waiting to see what FS2024 might offer in the way of an AI engine.

John
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

John, would you happen to know where Ian's payware stuff can be found?

Jorgen
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

In the Market Place.
Steve
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

I am sorry, Firebird, that makes no sense to me. Maybe 76 years is creeping up on me - is that a website, or?

Thanks -

Jorgen
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

No, the Market Place is in MSFS.
Steve
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

Ah OK, now I understand, not being a MSFS user!

Thanks again -

Jorgen