South China Sea Military Base for MSFS

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
-rk-
Cadet
Cadet
Version: MSFS

South China Sea Military Base for MSFS

Post by -rk- »

Hi, I uploaded a scenery a while ago of a Chinese military base in the SCS. It is the base that is closest to the Philippine Island "Pag-asa" and appears in many freedom of navigation videos. I created it for scenarios, because I did not believe it would be possible for a flight sim to last four years without fully functional aircraft carriers.

Anyway, the scenery includes 3 custom AI aircraft, one of which is still currently in development, about 7 AI ships that travel around SCS visiting other bases and Second Thomas Shoal, most of which have flight decks we could land on - and of course the base, Subi Reef, or Zhubi Reef Naval Air Station as it is called on flightsim.to. Who would have fs.to patrons to be somewhat anti China expansionism, but if you download it and decide that the time and consideration taken to produce it affords it a pass from off the cuff political statements, consider clicking a few stars to balance things out.
https://flightsim.to/file/44227/zhubi-r ... ir-station

Really went over the top on researching this place, the anti stealth radar new and old installations, backscatter over the horizon communications, anti Vietnamese frogmen mortar launchers, that is a real thing I read in some Chinese publication or forum. Also MAIW accepts files I'd post the aircraft assets here, if someone points me the right direction. Two of them I purchased rights and I can redistribute in MSFS format, the other has no attribution requirement.

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: South China Sea Military Base for MSFS

Post by TimC340 »

Looks amazing, Rick!
-rk-
Cadet
Cadet
Version: MSFS

Re: South China Sea Military Base for MSFS

Post by -rk- »

Thanks! Just be prepared, if you leave this package in your Community folder, it unleashes the AI into the random traffic. I've never seen the J-20 or the drone outside of SCS, but I was testing another scenery package for which I'd enabled Growlers to fly out of Whidbey and come practice bomb a local bridge. While circling endlessly over the spot waiting to see if they'd arrive I hooked up with the H-20 infiltrating US airspace over Mt Rainier! Not only that, but the thing was impossible to match speed with for a "portrait," screen grab. It kept changing speed and heading, almost evasively.