Request to use 2 x MAIW models as static scenery objects for my MSFS RAF Mount Pleasant (EGYP) scenery

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
FlakNine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Request to use 2 x MAIW models as static scenery objects for my MSFS RAF Mount Pleasant (EGYP) scenery

Post by FlakNine »

Hi there, I've been working on freeware RAF Mount Pleasant scenery for MSFS. It's shaping up pretty well and is available over on flightsim.to if anyone's interested.

I would like to include some static models to bring some additional realism and life to the airfield. I'm posting here to see if I can get permission from the respective authors to use the following models. I'll take care of all technical aspects of the conversion and would of course credit the authors. I can also confirm this project will always remain freeware. If any of the authors happen to read this and can give me a yes/no permission that would be great!

1. Sikorsky S-92 in Bristow Helicopters livery.
Model by John Young: https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... sx-and-p3d
Repaint in Bristow Helicopters livery by Mark "Tranquil" Beale: https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... r-fsx-jyai

2. Airbus A330 MRTT Conversion
Author is MAIW: https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... conversion

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Request to use 2 x MAIW models as static scenery objects for my MSFS RAF Mount Pleasant (EGYP) scenery

Post by Firebird »

As a matter of principle we always let the modellers/artists decide for themselves. It is their work and they allow us to use it but unless specifically stated we do not have the right to allocate permissions to third parties.

JY will see this fairly quickly. Mark Griggs on the other hand has stopped work but does stop by occassionally. He was here last week in fact.
Now it maybe that he gave permission to Gavin Cole to do what he likes with the model, as Gavin did the conversion, but it might be better to contact Mark to start with and Gavin can answer the query directly when he sees this.

Mark goes by another name here, so if you pm Sophie Marketa with your request you will in all likelihood get a response a lot quicker.
Steve
FlakNine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Request to use 2 x MAIW models as static scenery objects for my MSFS RAF Mount Pleasant (EGYP) scenery

Post by FlakNine »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll follow up with the A330 MRTT authors.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The S-92 is fine by me, but you will obviously need permission from Mark for the repaint. As well as the acknowledgement, you should also state the original copyrights.

Are you also including the 4 RAF 1435 Flt Typhoons in the shelters?

John
FlakNine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by FlakNine »

John Young wrote: 02 Nov 2023, 16:23 The S-92 is fine by me, but you will obviously need permission from Mark for the repaint. As well as the acknowledgement, you should also state the original copyrights.

Are you also including the 4 RAF 1435 Flt Typhoons in the shelters?

John
Many thanks - and I will of course wait for the OK from Mark regarding the repaint. And yes noted regarding copyrights.

I haven't bundled the 1435 Typhoons directly with my scenery since I hadn't sought permission. However they do show up if the user already has RAF Lossiemouth scenery - I gather nickb007 got clearance from you to include them with his scenery, so I've listed his scenery as a dependency. Hope that's all OK with you?!

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

That's fine, but if you wanted to include a copy, that's OK too.

John
FlakNine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by FlakNine »

Thanks John, I'm using a few other bits from Lossiemouth anyway, but I might bundle the Typhoon with EGYP since you are OK with it.

BTW since I discovered your S92 paintkit I've nearly completed my own livery for Bristow Helicopters, so I won't need to wait for permission from Mark. This also meant I could bump up the resolution and add a bit of normal mapping and other goodies. I still need to add a few details but it's nearly complete.

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Excellent - well done.

John