NAS Patuxent River package by Desmond Burrell

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: NAS Patuxent River package by Desmond Burrell

Post by AirAmerica26 »

FS9 user.
Is there a way to change the object placement and taxiways to align with MegaScenery photoreal
ground? I had some success with ADE moving aprons but when buildings are moved to the
location that lines up with MegaScenery the original location remains and will not delete.
Will not EXCLUDE either.
Even changing objects to Extreme Dense when FS9 set to NORMAL does not work.
Thoughts? Anyone one else run into this? Great thanks -
Primo ex Aerias 71 SQN (Eagle)

"Never mistake coincidence for cause and effect." W. Edwards Deming

"The more complex an idea, the more simple minded the opposition"
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Many of the older scenery packages available here and elsewhere were based on the stock airfields in FS9 - a lot of which are in the wrong place and/or wrong orientation. This wasn't really fixed in the base sim until P3Dv5.

Many scenery creators locked their buildings to a geographical location. This avoided mistakes when playing with the scenery during construction, and also prevents users re-using the buildings in other sceneries and passing them off as their own creations. Of course, this often means that the buildings are in the wrong place along with the airfield!

It is possible to remove the geographical lock using Model Converter X and also break down groups of buildings to their component structures (FOR YOUR OWN USE ONLY). MCX is available here. The link takes you to Arno's development releases, which include the latest features and capabilities. If you'd rather have the last stable release, it's here.
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by AirAmerica26 »

Thanks for that. In ADE use Tools, go to Add Folder and extract objects to the ADE object library. Worked for Pax River and most scenery except for ACG types. I've never republished any of my airports so no worries on that. Published a few Images under the Screen Shot forum a while back. At Pax River exclusions don't work. Deleting an object, even aprons doesn't work. I tried to bury a few by setting the elevation to a negative number also No Joy.
I guess I'll dust off MCX and give that a try. Appreciate the response. Cheers -
Primo ex Aerias 71 SQN (Eagle)

"Never mistake coincidence for cause and effect." W. Edwards Deming

"The more complex an idea, the more simple minded the opposition"
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

No worries. I'm away from home at the moment, but when I get back I'll check as I'm sure I've had a play with Pax River myself, but I can't remember what I did! Share the screenshots by all means as I'm sure we all like to see what people have done.