MAIW NBAI McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet Family (FCLP) Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

MAIW NBAI McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet Family (FCLP) Conversion Support

Post by gsnde »

Post support related comments for the MAIW NBAI McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet Family (FCLP) Conversion package in this thread.
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Re: MAIW NBAI McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet Family (FCLP) Conversion Support

Post by Reggie »

I guess I’ve missed something. So that I download the correct conversion, what’s the differences with the FCLP and the normal version? Apologize for my ignorance.

Reggie
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

You are right, that should have gone into the documentation.

The difference between the Carrier and FCLP version is that the later has only the hook animated, while the Carrier version has both animated hook and launch bar. Both have a flight model with very short start and landing behaviour.

The normal version shows the normal land based start and landing behaviour, but has folding wings compared to the original conversion.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

The carrier version don't have the folding wings for parking on the desk ? This model is available in Finland Package.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

What does FCLP stand for anyway?

Also does anyone know if Australia uses the folding wing feature with their Hornets/Growlers? Not sure if I should use the new model with the folding wings or stay the original conversion that doesn't have the folding wings.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

All new releases have folding wings, since all F-18 aircraft have that feature, even the Swiss ones... :-)

FCLP stands for Field Carrier Landing Practise. Here a land base runway is marked in a way to represent a carrier deck for simulating the landing on a carrier.

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

If you want the aircraft parked with unfolded wings you need to use the original conversion.

The carrier and FCLP versions are not meant to be used on normal air fields but should help with carrier based airports.

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

gsnde wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 10:21 All new releases have folding wings, since all F-18 aircraft have that feature, even the Swiss ones... :-)

FCLP stands for Field Carrier Landing Practise. Here a land base runway is marked in a way to represent a carrier deck for simulating the landing on a carrier.

From mobile hence short
Thanks. I am not good with abbreviations.

I think for the Australia Hornets/Growlers I think I will set it up to have a mix of folded wings and no folded wings (with mostly no wing fold aircraft).
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Joseph29 wrote: Thanks. I am not good with abbreviations.
Same here... Actually really bad at it... :-)

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Joseph29, it's a Navy thing to abbreviate everything (well US mil as a whole). Good info Martin as I looked through my Hornets and saw they pop up in your program as P3Dv4 already. Just to add as I have seen others get confused with FCLP, hook is up and no shore based traps. The emergency field arrestment found at most mil bases that handle fighters is a different system.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I have added some (hopefully) explanatory comments to the download descriptions of the F-18 versions.
Cheers,
Martin