MAIW Southwest ANG

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

MAIW Southwest ANG

Post by Grimreaper »

Hello all,

I am using numerous MAIW packages in FSX Steam with great success. The issue I am having is with 2 of the airports for the MAIW Southwest ANG package. At Phoenix Sky Harbor (KPHX) and Albuquerque (KABQ), I have no aircraft. There are no stock FSX AI planes or MAIW AI. The only thing showing at these 2 airports is Ground AI. I have turned off nearby addon scenery,I also went back to stock scenery at each airport and still have no aircraft. I even removed the traffic bgl for Southwest ANG and can't even get the stock AI back. When I go to the other airports in the Southwest ANG package, there are MAIW aircraft there. It seems to be only an issue with these 2 airports. I am looking for any suggestions as I would like to populate these 2 airports with traffic.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: MAIW Southwest ANG

Post by clickclickdoh »

The most common cause for mass disappearance of AI in FSX is that a FS9 format traffic file has been installed. Double check all of your traffic files to make sure that there they have all been converted to FSX format.
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Grimreaper »

Just did a check and everything is converted over to FSX
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Double check every traffic file in FSX with an AIFP scan. You might also need to enlarge the diameter of the parking spots and also add anti-pushback nodes to the centres while you are doing it.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I do remember having a weird issue at PHX after installing the package and the AZ ANG KC-135s in FSX Gold. Re-compiled with AIFP and all was right with the AI world again.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Grimreaper »

John, I am definitely a newb at this AIFP thing. I have used the tutorials to convert the traffic files using AIFP with success, but using AIFP for anything else is new to me. I had a issue before with no aircraft at Ft Worth after I added a scenery file for Dyess AFB. I removed the scenery for Dyess and some how all of the Ft Worth aircraft reappeared. I thought that this was my issue with PHX and ABQ, but I can't seem to get these 2 resolved out of the whole SW ANG traffic file. I decided to go to Luke AFB to check that out and have no aircraft either. Its weird how I have loaded all of the Southeast US traffic, a majority of the mid Atlantic, and Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, and Alabama with success. But now running into all of these issues in AZ and NM. As far as increasing parking sizes, I was a champ with AFCAD in FS9, but have no clue how to do this in FSX. I am not even sure what to use to edit parking or even what file I am to convert? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Grimreaper »

I resolved it. I had a March ARB scenery in California that somehow was affecting ABQ, PHX, and Luke AFB. Removed the scenery and am now good. I would of never thought that a scenery in a different state would mess up my AI traffic, but were trying to get something that was originally for FS9 and trying to make it work in FSX. I'll keep this in mind if I run into another issue. Some FS9 scenery works fine in FSX, but there is some FS9 scenery that will disable your AI traffic.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Was it an Alphasim scenery as these were quite notorious for doing that?
There seemed to be something in their base that had excludes for other sceneries they did. Their St Mawgan wiped out Fairford, for instance.
Steve
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Grimreaper »

It was a freeware that I downloaded off of Flightsim.com. I looked at the files and it did have a lot of excludes in there. Since you mentioned it, I will keep an eye out for sceneries I download that may have alot of exclude files. Thanks Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Good looking out. Just found an issue with ORBX, I have many of their freeware general aviation airports for FSX. While checking out MAIW Whiteman AFB for the new JY A-10s, I had an ORBX KSZL file slipped in somehow which will affect parking.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris