Indian air force projects

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Indian air force projects

Post by kungfuman »

I am starting this thread with the express hope that it may be used for sharing flightplans, afcads, textures and/or models and scenery pertaining to the Indian sub-continent. My vision is simple: if there is enough interest, this will act as a sort of "one-stop-shop", making it easier to locate all current material resources for those of us wishing to cobble together something to populate our Indian FS skies - a stop-gap perhaps, while we await a more comprehensive endeavour from the MAIW team (to whom I doff my cap...). And all this under an appropriate subject heading!

To get the ball rolling, here's some Indian Air Force fighter/attack aircraft flightplans.

This is an attempt to represent all Su-30, MiG-29, Jaguar, MiG-27/23, Mirage 2000 and MiG-21 squadrons based throughout India. But I cannot vouch for the accuracy - all info has been researched from the web. The flightplans do not include training squadrons, and I overlooked the MiG-25 Foxbats.

Flightplans were generated with RPP_FPGen, then edited in AITMv2. To simulate low level sorties some flightplans contain legs with what may seem like an erroniously low flightlevel. This is by design, however, because the fs ai engine will ensure minimum ground clearance. Flightplans are also set as VFR to slightly minimise interaction with ATC, on what is after all a civil aviation comms radio band. Note that flightplans will automatically assume IFR status where necessary. Most flights remain in Indian airspace, with the odd visit further afield.

You will need Ttools to compile the following files into a flightplan. You will also need to edit the Aircraft_... file so the entries match the aircraft.cfg entries for the ai models you wish to use in your setup.

Something you don't like? Please correct it and post it back here. Eventually we may end up with our own high standard comprehensive package (I live in hope)! :lol: (where's that sarcastic snigger emoticon..)
Last edited by kungfuman on 03 Apr 2009, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

EDIT: see below for a link to these files, which are now on Avsim

Please note that these flightplans include the ones I posted for the MiG-29 on the thread that specifically requested them (I think the poster was ani4may). Therefore, if you downloaded those flightplans in that request thread, you may as well delete them, as they are duplicated here.
Last edited by kungfuman on 04 Apr 2009, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

EDIT: see below for a link to these files, which are now on Avsim

And here is an AF2 file and excludes for the default FS9 VAPO: Lohegaon Air Base/Pune International Airport, Maharashtra, India.

It is based on the google maps image, and incorporates a dual mode of ai operation so that the civilian traffic avoids the military aprons, and also back tracks to make the most of the runway. Civil aircraft taxiing is mostly along the runways as per real life procedure.

If you wish to edit this, a word of caution: The smooth function of ai traffic is finely balanced. When you change something, remember that pretty much every aspect of the design was purposefully considered. ie. there may be a good reason why it's the way it is, unorthodox as it might appear! I have paid much attention to some detail, so for example, when you see that the twy centreline running south from the two-runway-intersection is slightly to one side of the rwy centreline, check the googlemaps image before changing it. That being said, I am also a novice - so please post improved versions here.

I had a problem with the NW taxiway lights, which displayed as large purple ghostly entities. The solution required the unorthodox layout you will find in this area if you view the file with an editor (such as afcad2) - but importantly, it works!

All I need now is some ai friendly jaguar repaints, and an Indian AF Il-76 model that doesn't meander whimsically past the airfield - feigning dis-interest...
Last edited by kungfuman on 04 Apr 2009, 18:58, edited 2 times in total.
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Two more excludes that you need. (I wanted to leave a control tower, rotating airfield beacon and VOR antenna on the airfield, and I only have excbuilderv2 :( ).
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Guys, no. The occasional posting of a file for download is fine but this is not Avsim. I pay the note here and bandwidth is not cheap.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

My mistake. :oops: Not thinking considerately...

I'm just too eager to please sometimes!

Nevertheless, if not files themselves, then at least we can co-ordinate our efforts and engender some enthusiasm here.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

No worries. Post them to Avsim and then provide the links here.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

kungfuman wrote:
All I need now is some ai friendly jaguar repaints, and an Indian AF Il-76 model that doesn't meander whimsically past the airfield - feigning dis-interest...
Use of these files assumes your knowledge and my ignorance.
Is this a good start?

Kevin Jarvis

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Fairly reasonable, Kev. :D

Oh, and before anybody thinks of asking the chances of Nick going back to do the Jaguar IM model is so slim that I would discount it. :lol:
Steve
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing that in my skies :smt023

When it comes down to it though, almost anything would be better than my current frame-rate hogs. Ideally I would like to see a bluish grey
paint for Pune alongside your greenish grey paint for Agra. (Or are my eyes going?)

Pune: http://www.airliners.net/photo/India--- ... 1050499/L/

compared to the more regular colour: http://www.airliners.net/photo/India--- ... 0623600/L/

Thats not very definitive - but I have read there's a difference.

Note the tricolour fin flash.

I am now going to upload the above missing files to Avsim. Never tried before, so I hope its not too protracted...

Edited to add: In an ideal FSworld everything would precisely match the real world wrt differentiating all the variants of a given model. While this might be a noble enough cause, personally I find that when I fly around my FSworld, I am more disappointed by seeing no representation compared to seeing a good representaion of a squadron - albeit on a very slightly incorrect model.

Basically, Pune with nicely painted and currently available NBAI Jag models masquerading as Jag 1Ms is infinitely better than a big empty apron!
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

I have checked avsim, and my files are ready for download:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... CatID=root

I am interested in feedback on the Pune afcad: PM me if you wish.
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

I found this great resource for Indian Air Force aircraft images:

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Images/Current/

A must for any painters, I should think.

Another good Avsim file:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... DLID=73472

Amongst all the military aircraft, this download also includes three Do-228s of Jagson airlines. I have deleted the flight that "shuttles" between VIDP and VIDN (Jagson only base two, not three, aircraft at VIDP), and replaced with a flight to represent Jagson's Maharashtra operations (which are not in the original file), including flights to my Pune afcad. If you also wish to add this quasi-realism to Pune, replace the "AC#2,VT-EUM" entry in your "Flightplans_infsd_su05_IndianDo228.txt" file with this:

AC#2,VT-EUM,1%,WEEK,IFR,0/02:40:00,0/03:17:10,040,F,0702,VABB,0/03:55:00,0/04:27:26,035,F,0801,VAPO
,0/05:10,0/05:48,045,F,0802,VAOZ,1/02:40:00,1/03:17:10,040,F,0702,VABB,1/03:55,1/04:27,035,F,0801,VAPO
,1/05:10,1/05:48,045,F,0802,VAOZ,3/02:40:00,3/03:17:10,040,F,0702,VABB,3/03:55,3/04:27,035,F,0801,VAPO
,3/05:10,3/05:48,045,F,0802,VAOZ,4/02:40:00,4/03:17:10,040,F,0702,VABB,4/03:55,4/04:27,035,F,0801,VAPO
,4/05:10,4/05:48,045,F,0802,VAOZ,5/02:40:00,5/03:17:10,040,F,0702,VABB,5/03:55,5/04:27,035,F,0801,VAPO
,5/05:10,5/05:48,045,F,0802,VAOZ,6/02:40:00,6/03:17:10,040,F,0702,VABB,6/03:55,6/04:27,035,F,0801,VAPO
,6/05:10,6/05:48,045,F,0802,VAOZ

You need the above flightplan entry to appear as one contiguous line in the Flightplans_...txt file (disable "Word Wrap" under the "Format" heading in the tool bar to check this). Re-compile with Traffic Tools by Lee Swordy - or an equivalent tool.

Now go to Pune (VAPO) at about 0420Z or so, and wait for her to arrive...
Tupolev 144
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Tupolev 144 »

Are there any repaints available for the IAF Il-78, HS748 and fighter aircraft?
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

There are a few repaints floating around. You'll need to check the BIG 3 libarary sites plus AvsimRUS.

Sad to say I just lost the HD that contained all my repaints and all my AI projects so I won't be starting over with any of them.
Kevin Jarvis

kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

And I was just summoning up the courage to cheekily persuade you to share your Jag repaint! It's sad to hear that all your efforts have been frazzled.

If you want any of my Indian files (ie. afcads from other authors etc.) just pm me. My library is not very extensive though - and I appreciate that losing everything is probably enough to make you sick of doing any more work on those projects at all.

My commiserations...
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Indian AF NBAI Jaguar!

Post by kungfuman »

Guess who's just learnt how to screengrab (teehee :lol: it's the simple things that satisfy me most!).
Here's some pics of Pune with NBAI Jags masquerading as Jaguar IMs:

First light of the day

Simplifly Deccan (Kingfisher Red) airbus waiting for clearance as a Kingfisher ATR climbs out for the days first flight.

Simplifly Deccan (Kingfisher Red) airbus taxiing along the runway past the fast jets for a rwy 28 departure (wish I new how to place hangers!)

Jaguar IM (note the black noses) preparing for the day's first sortie

Indian Air Force HQ flight Do-228 waiting for a Jag to depart, with Su-30MKs on the Southern Apron in the distance

Jaguar climb out

Visiting MiGs alongside the based Su-30s and Jaguars

MiGs 21,23 and 29

Beautiful birds

Two visiting Jaguar IS (grey nose) preparing to rtb

Comparison of different hardpoint load-outs

A different angle... (nearly done now :) )

An-32 and HAL/Hs.748

Special thanks to Kevin Jarvis
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Great shots.
Keep up the good work.
Kevin Jarvis

campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Looking good there.

Mark
Mark
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by shaggy22 »

Are you going to put this in a big package. would be awesome if possible
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Indian air force projects

Post by kungfuman »

Sorry, I missed your question there Shaggy.

I would love to, but I don't have the time for all the airfield development work it would require. If somone wants to get skilled with ADE9X, then I would happily collaborate - and further refine what I've already done.

A small package of aircraft based at Delhi may appear soon - or it may not! :wink:
Dan