One texture or multiple textures?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.

Do you use one texture to represent the squadron?

One texture for the whole squadron?
17%
Multiple textures for each registration in the squadron?
83%

Total votes: 6

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

One texture or multiple textures?

Post by Joseph29 »

With my hard drive starting to fill up (it's at 56% full now) and tons of scenery left to install (and I install airlines and GA traffic too) I am thinking about reinstalling my military AI and using one texture to represent all the planes in a squadron (of course separate textures for special liveries and CAG aircraft). This will save me some hard drive space, plus I don't see the military AI that I have installed very often.

I am curious, how do you guys install your military AI aircraft? Do you install one texture to represent the whole squadron? Or one with individual textures for each aircraft?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: One texture or multiple textures?

Post by Firebird »

For me its each individual scheme. Ironically, the opposite is true when it comes to civvie stuff.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

I am not worried about filling up my hard drive any time soon, but with it over 50% full now saving space is in the back of my mind.
Firebird wrote: 22 Jun 2023, 16:50 For me its each individual scheme. Ironically, the opposite is true when it comes to civvie stuff.
I am that way too. Although when it comes to biz jets and GA traffic I put in each individual registration.

When P3D v6 comes out (at least I hope it comes out) I am going to get a large hard drive (maybe a 2TB or 3TB).
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Slightly off topic, but still related, if anybody is thinking about getting more HD space in the near future then now is a good time to get yourself an SSD or M.2 drive. The prices are the lowest they have been for 3 years.

As an example at the moment a 1TB Samsung 980 M.2 drive is down to £39.99 on Amazon. This is reduced from £96. I have just bought myself another M.2 , Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, which is reduced to £170 but has a cashback of up to £75 available until July 4. Plus a £15 voucher for downloading the Amazon Photo app. £80 for on of the fastest M.2 drives around just can't be ignored.

At least I think so.
Steve