JYAI P3D question

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

JYAI P3D question

Post by Joseph29 »

I ran the P3D Content Error reporting within P3D and it came back with some errors with JYAI aircraft that I don't understand. Are these actual errors that need to be fixed or should I just ignore them?

There are a bunch of other entries like this with the same aircraft and the same gauge/script error, but here are just 2 of the errors.

[error.99]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Visibility Script
Name: JYAI_Lockhead Martin HC-130J Hercules 102nd RQS 16-5863
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "}." in: }.

[error.101]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Visibility Script
Name: JYAI_McDonnell Douglas KC-10A Extender USAF 305th AMW 83-0082
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "}." in: }.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JYAI P3D question

Post by John Young »

I haven't come across errors like those before, but as they relate to gauges, I'm not sure why you are getting them, unless you have added a panel. I assume they are my FSX native models.

The models have been around for a while and I have not seen any reported problems with them. They obviously worked for me. I'm away from my PC this week so I can't check myself.

The best thing to do is try them in a flight plan and see what happens.

John
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Don't worry about those Content Error reports.

There is some slight difference in how some of the xml code is formatted as compared to what P3D thinks is "correct".

If you use some of our (mine at least) converted models they throw up similar errors. I searched and searched my xml but could never figure out what exactly P3D didn't like.

Since it doesn't seem to affect the functionality of the models I gave up worrying about it.

Turn off Content Error reporting and the issue will go away :-)
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks guys.

John - No I have not added a panel to your AI models. And yes, they are the FSX models.
Gavin - I don't run the P3D error reporting all the time. But sometimes it is very helpful. In the same error report it found I was missing a effect file for the HTAI Cessna 208 and a lua script file for the AIG 757-300.