Problems with Sheppard Talons

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
ejoiner2
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Problems with Sheppard Talons

Post by ejoiner2 »

I downloaded this package and manually installed it to FSX. I do this routinely with MAIW packages by installing to a temp folder then manually adding the files. However, this particular package installs with the WOAI installer. Using the FSX option on the latest installer, it installs correctly, but the sim barfs on the AI saying that the aircraft are all named the same thing. I have studied the aircraft.cfg and cant seem to see what the problem is. i also decompiled the traffic.bgl associated with it, and didnt see a problem.

Anybody else got this issue? I am using FSX and win 8.1

Eric
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Problems with Sheppard Talons

Post by Firebird »

This maybe completely off base but run the installer to place them into a temp folder, and make that folder off the root of one of your drives, i.e. F:\FStemp.

The reason is that we had a lot of problems with the WoAI installer due, I believe, to the length of some of the path and filenames. This is why we went away from this excellent software to our own brand. It just didn't seem compatible with the way we made up our packages.

Once installed to the temp place then manually install as you usually do replacing the original install.
Steve