Search found 335 matches

by jetpilot1980
01 May 2024, 17:40
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Parking Behavior Question
Replies: 31
Views: 435

Re: Parking Behavior Question

Or here is another example here are two C-2s one sitting inside the other waiting to take off...
C2s.JPG
by jetpilot1980
01 May 2024, 16:53

Yes that EA-6 is coming into land... I too spent a lot of time struggling with the two runways issue and finally gave up... Dan Reeves took a crack at it as well; and also gave up... The best thing that I tried to do was to make the single runway start as close to a Cat position as possible in this ...
by jetpilot1980
01 May 2024, 16:34

Here is the ADE file
by jetpilot1980
01 May 2024, 16:30

I believe I have ATC Setup:
ATC.JPG
by jetpilot1980
01 May 2024, 16:29

Ok so here in this pic these two F-14s (circled in red) are waiting to take off as you can see the second one is taxiing right into the first one and will also stop at the hold short inside the first Tomcat as opposed to stopping a node or so back: stacking.JPG Here are my current hold short and run...
by jetpilot1980
01 May 2024, 15:15

Ok I guess I should re-phrase my question... I have a hold short line... But at land base airports I notice the aircraft tend to "line up on the taxiway" with only one aircraft on the hold short and the others fall in behind it as they should and real world behavior... But here the aircraf...
by jetpilot1980
01 May 2024, 14:57

So I am happy to report that the parking problem is solved!! Making sure the arrows are opposite is what did the trick!! deck parking.JPG So for my next question... I noticed that the aircraft that are taking off stack on top of each other and dont necessarily respect runway hold shorts: stacking.JP...
by jetpilot1980
01 May 2024, 11:23

Ok I see what you mean now! The arrow into the parking spaces should be pointing to the rear of the spots... (or opposite 180 degrees to the dark green arrows)... Ok I will run some more tests and see what I come up with! Thanks!
by jetpilot1980
30 Apr 2024, 16:56

Also just as a "sanity check" I do need both arrows; the one going to the node in the center and the one coming off the node? As without the second arrow the parking spot will be considered "orphaned"? Or is having the node there enough to un-orphan the spot?
by jetpilot1980
30 Apr 2024, 16:48

Thanks John, So I did one test earlier today and did see removing the push back node seemed to work... But catch is the aircraft pushes back over the side of the deck... Anyway I don't have AFX just ADE... I did one parking spot using the method you just described where I put the blue dot on first, ...
by jetpilot1980
30 Apr 2024, 13:29

Hmmm... I don't see any option to make these bi-directional... But another thing I could try is to reverse the direction of the arrows from the taxiway to the parking spots...
by jetpilot1980
30 Apr 2024, 11:42

Your observation that the aircraft are parked correctly when the sim is launched, but are not so, when they return from flight, tends to indicate that the anti-pushback nodes might be causing the problem. If they are not properly aligned, they will likely cause the aircraft to park out of place on ...
by jetpilot1980
30 Apr 2024, 11:33

Firebird wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 09:14 I just took a look at your afcad again.
Have you got the taxi arrows going the wrong way in the bow? Could this be the issue?
When you say the wrong direction? Should the arrows be pointing toward the parking spots or?
by jetpilot1980
29 Apr 2024, 18:44

Indeed it is appearing that way... I will try to run the test you mentioned and see what happens... Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for? Thanks!
by jetpilot1980
29 Apr 2024, 16:55

Thanks Steve, that might be worth a go... Interestingly I now see a Hornet showing this behavior too... Hornet not parking.JPG Not to mention the pile up I have of E-2s and C-2s at the end of the runway... E2C2 not in spots.JPG Not sure if this would have anything to do with it... But my parking spo...
by jetpilot1980
29 Apr 2024, 15:58

Here is a C-2 post flight way behind the parking spot:
CV74 new afcad 2.JPG

Here is the E-2 that was in the previous picture taking off.. But post landing parked itself on the taxiway 90 degrees to the parking spot:
Hawkeye.JPG
by jetpilot1980
29 Apr 2024, 15:56

Parking Behavior Question

So I wanted to ask here on the forums... We have been doing testing for the upcoming Carrier Air Wings project and I have noticed a bit of bazar behavior in terms of parking and wanted to see if anyone here on the forums might know what is causing this, and or how to fix it??? This only affects the ...
by jetpilot1980
24 Apr 2024, 15:33
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: NAMC YS-11 models
Replies: 1
Views: 85

Re: NAMC YS-11 models

I thought that model might have been done on the AIG forums... I have the new CPAI NAMC model converted on my system... Can share via PM...
by jetpilot1980
11 Apr 2024, 12:43
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: NBAI F-14 Tomcat
Replies: 75
Views: 4767

Re: NBAI F-14 Tomcat

The wet version for FS9 was never released... For the P3d version I had to animate all the correct parts (hook, nose strut, launch bar, aircraft position, ect.) from scratch... As for the FDE itself you could try plugging in the aircraft.cfg parameters and .air file from the carrier P3d version and ...
by jetpilot1980
09 Apr 2024, 19:13
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Tomcats V3 and Carrier Air Wings Project
Replies: 11
Views: 338

Re: Tomcats V3 and Carrier Air Wings Project

Holy...... That's a sensation - simply the final chapter of a long-awaited story... Thanks Manschy! Dan and I are looking forward to the eventual release of it! Current Tomcat Squadrons (all credits to the great Dan Reeves!) already painted with flight plans are: VF-2 F-14D VF-11 F-14 B/D VF-14 F-1...