The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 3531 matches

by John Young
23 Apr 2024, 06:20
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: RAF Tengah
Replies: 32
Views: 946

Re: RAF Tengah

The model and paint kit is in a zip attached to a PM to you. Just check your inbox.

John
by John Young
22 Apr 2024, 06:50

I made the David Brown tractor for the RAF Ford project: https://i.imgur.com/3UffMsB.jpg If you would like the model I can detach it from the trailer, but you will need to repaint it in the post-war blue and yellow. As said before, the model must be embedded in the scenery and not placed from a libr...
by John Young
20 Apr 2024, 08:48
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390
Replies: 231
Views: 7040

Re: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

I thought the same thing too Ray, when I placed the prototype A-29 on the pole at the Embraer airfield. It's in the Smoke Squadron scheme and I have the .psp art work if it might be useful. It maps to my own static model that I created, but you can probably use the main elements. If you want to take...
by John Young
20 Apr 2024, 05:30

Tim, that is some spreadsheet! I was quite daunted too before seeing that, but now everything is laid out, I can see why you reacted as you did. It's a great help though and by breaking the project down into manageable chunks, it gives a lot of coherence to the project and a structure to manage. Tha...
by John Young
17 Apr 2024, 05:57

As you say Tim, many of the airfields are peripheral to the original proposition. The primary component of what we do have is Anapolis, as the home to the KC-390s and E/R-99s. That meets our original objective and you have achieved that beautifully. I was surprised too, as to how far the project has...
by John Young
16 Apr 2024, 08:53

Thanks Ray for the repaints that you left in my FTP folder. I have the Manaus, Campo Grande and Santa Maria Blackhawks all set up in an overlay and they are operating fine with the base paint that I gave you. Once you are ready, I can add in the full textures. I have also done the same with the Nata...
by John Young
14 Apr 2024, 15:58
Topic: MSFS RAF Bruggen
Replies: 5
Views: 146

Re: MSFS RAF Bruggen

It does indeed Dale, well done.

John
by John Young
13 Apr 2024, 05:19
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: ai aircraft on a carrier
Replies: 5
Views: 127

Re: ai aircraft on a carrier

You can also try increasing the nose wheel steering angle in the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file. If that doesn't help, you could then try decreasing the distance between the main wheels in the same section. If that doesn't help, you could try moving the nosewheel closer to the main wheels. ...
by John Young
13 Apr 2024, 05:13
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: No AI Aircraft shows up at any military base.
Replies: 3
Views: 92

Re: No AI Aircraft shows up at any military base.

AIFP is telling you that the aircraft cannot be found. That's either because they are not in the right folder or there is a mismatch between the aircraft name in the aircraft.cfg file and the name in the aircraft.txt file. Even a mis-typed character like a "_" can cause this. Just check in...
by John Young
11 Apr 2024, 05:16

Wow, you have been busy Ray! Well done. Just carry on as you are and I'll keep going with the AFCAD overlays. I did Manaus yesterday ready for the Blackhawks. I'll do as many as I can, while Tim is finishing his elements. I'll do the FAB AFCADs first and then have a look at the Army and Navy airfiel...
by John Young
10 Apr 2024, 14:41

Thanks Jorgen, but the 12 FAB Mi-35s were retired in March 2022 from what I have just read.

John
by John Young
10 Apr 2024, 07:04

Ray, I've finished all my elements of the project and I want to help Tim out by creating the AFCAD overlays and flight plans for the helicopters. According to Scramble these are the types and numbers used by FAB: https://i.imgur.com/nq7a2M9.jpg Could you confirm what types you are painting and the n...
by John Young
07 Apr 2024, 08:32
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Embraer KC-390
Views: 1457

Re: Embraer KC-390

Your guess is absolutely right asdro. FSX and P3D designing takes up so much time, particularly with packages like Brazil, of which the KC-390 is part. I have no further time or energy to exacerbate that by adding FS9 back into the mix. Tim will feel the same.

John
by John Young
07 Apr 2024, 06:32

Yes absolutely Nick, unwrap the whole texture to the model and then map each face separately to the area you want on the texture sheet and in the direction you want (UVW). How would an auto-unwrap know what you want from the different areas of the sheet? How would it differentiate the front and back...
by John Young
06 Apr 2024, 08:16

Ray, you will find the new Brazil UH-60 model and a paint kit in my FTP folder. I built it from the base "L" model because, although the Austrian model, has the nose radar, it has parts not used by FAB, and FAB has parts not used in the Austrian model. I used a number of FAB photos for ref...
by John Young
06 Apr 2024, 06:51

Nick, if you could post a screen shot of the mis-mapped textured object, I might be able to tell you what's gone wrong. I don't use Blender, but I think GMax principles of UVW mapping are the same. I wrote an illustrated tutorial on UVW mapping a while ago. Again, it's for Gmax, but just post if it ...
by John Young
04 Apr 2024, 14:46
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Urgent Forum Maintenance
Replies: 22
Views: 1026

Re: Urgent Forum Maintenance

Is it possible that the MAIW Global Object Libraries could be made available from the forum please? Without those links, people designing new scenery using those libraries are a bit stuck because users needing them will not be able to download them. Alternatively, could the libraries can be hosted e...
by John Young
04 Apr 2024, 14:37

I can produce the Brazilian Black Hawk model for Ray to paint. Just give me a day or two.

John
by John Young
02 Apr 2024, 07:03

Oh well done Ray. I spent my P3D time over the Easter break, testing the 11 airfields in the main package for successful AI departures plus the usual visual scrutiny. In the process, I think I have solved the problem that Tim found at Manaus (SBMN). What was really nice to see was the coherence of t...
by John Young
29 Mar 2024, 07:53

Best wishes Tim, for a speedy recovery. Fellow contributors - I have finished the Embraer airfield (SBGP) for P3D, having made a few tweaks and added the night lighting: https://i.imgur.com/tOdz9vF.jpg https://i.imgur.com/mokgs8U.jpg I have used an amber tint to help soften the reflected light off t...