Search found 66 matches

by JohnStinstrom
01 Oct 2009, 02:53
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Somes technical questions in scenery design.
Replies: 11
Views: 619

It looks like Model Tweaker by Arno Gerretson is your best bet for the moment. It has a number of options one of which is time of day. While you will have to tweak each model, the process is straightforward and fairly easy to work with. This and many other powerful tools are available at the FS Deve...
by JohnStinstrom
01 Oct 2009, 02:39

:oops: I lied to you. FSSC will use ONLY the older API format objects. Sbuilder from Luis Sa will use both. Let me see what else I can find out.
by JohnStinstrom
30 Sep 2009, 01:28

It will use either a model file (.mdl) directly or the older API format. The output will be in a standard scenery .bgl file.
by JohnStinstrom
30 Sep 2009, 01:24
Topic: For John Stinstrom
Replies: 19
Views: 1100

You're right about the bias adjustments. I have had trouble with that command and your 'decal' fix has worked well for me so I've gotten lazy(er) aobut trying new things. They look good and work good - so good.
by JohnStinstrom
29 Sep 2009, 02:38
Topic: For John Stinstrom
Replies: 19
Views: 1100

Nice catch Mike. You're use of the 'decal_' command on the textures should work well here. Sorry about the lack of reply CelticWarrier, I just don't get on the boards very much but can always answer a pm if you need something.
by JohnStinstrom
29 Sep 2009, 02:34

I believe there may be a couple more options if you are willing to put in a little time. You can use Arno Gerretson's "Model Tweaker" program to change the individual model characteristics and set them to appear only at day/dawn/dusk/night. Another approach is to use an older program calle...
by JohnStinstrom
11 Sep 2009, 05:09
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: RON at NAS Norfolk
Replies: 16
Views: 1198

N35W, I tried the E-2 and had the same problem. For a short term solution I tweaked the files a little and used the default Dehavilland as a master. This works adequately until Mike or someone has a chance to do a real FDE. Here are the files.

Now if Graham had time to do some repaints . . .
by JohnStinstrom
22 Feb 2009, 23:38
Topic: Looking for a modeller for a very unusual scenery mdl
Replies: 13
Views: 790

You are quite welcome Ford. As you say, they are not all that visible and except where they are near the end of the runway, like Misawa or Elmendorf, they are largely overlooked as you climb out or concetrate on the the piano keys coming in. If you end up placing these around the world I hope you wi...
by JohnStinstrom
22 Feb 2009, 03:24
Topic: Looking for a modeller for a very unusual scenery mdl
Replies: 13
Views: 790

Hi Ford, I fooled around with those a while ago when I was doing my North Island scenery. I ended up trying a photo background for that with mixed results. Here is the base model and it could me modified if think you want to risk a frame-rate hit.
by JohnStinstrom
22 Feb 2009, 01:48
Topic: Meatball
Replies: 7
Views: 601

Hey John, did you ever find a goo 'meatball' out there? I am using the one from Marcel Ritzema (in the Kingsville and Meridian Packages) but would love to find one made as an XML object.
by JohnStinstrom
09 Dec 2008, 01:59
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Luke AFB package by MAIW
Replies: 101
Views: 9815

Sorry about that guys, I had to make a quick move and am just now getting things out of the boxes. I guess I've never been in one place long enough to notice that memory issue. Mike has some good suggestions on how to handle this and I will make sure - going forward - that any landclass modification...
by JohnStinstrom
03 Sep 2008, 23:54
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Scott AFB
Replies: 49
Views: 3921

Hey guys, sorry I can't help with the AI but I have a request of those going to the airshow. I would hope to do a scenery for Scott at some time in the future so, if you are the picture-taking kind, so any photos of the base would be appreciated. Google is good for the building shapes but unless you...
by JohnStinstrom
20 Aug 2008, 06:21
Topic: Hill Air Force Base Support Thread
Replies: 55
Views: 5942

AW can you PM me with a big screenshot so I can see where the problems are?
by JohnStinstrom
19 Aug 2008, 05:29
Topic: MCBH Kaneohe Bay by MAIW Versions 1 and 2 only
Replies: 90
Views: 7789

Just a thought Joseph but the parking size has a higher priority than the parking slot number. If you reduce the parking size by one meter that might do it for you.
by JohnStinstrom
18 Aug 2008, 15:48

Ok for some reason I cannot post them. Dave I will send you a set and find a way to put the files here for everyone.
by JohnStinstrom
18 Aug 2008, 15:47

I will check with the packager and see where they went. In the meanwhile I will post the files here for everyone who has problems finding them.
by JohnStinstrom
17 Aug 2008, 20:09

Dave can you check your file structure for me and verify that you have the special road textures in the right place? You need to have the files

Dark_Road.bmp
Dark_Road_LM.bmp

located in your FS9\Scenery\World\Texture folder or the sim will crash/lock up.
by JohnStinstrom
16 Aug 2008, 00:27

I notice that the two other exclude files have a new .bgl file to replace the excluded items. Kaneohe_Default_Poly_Exclude.VTPL.BGL does not. Am I missing a new VTPL file? What is this exclude excluding? Tim Hi guys, sorry I missed the forum. Yes the Kaneohe_Default_Poly_Exclude.VTPL.BGL is to remo...
by JohnStinstrom
30 Jul 2008, 01:38

Since I am using those libraries extensively this is good to know - thanks guys. Des, is this going to pose a packaging problem?
by JohnStinstrom
29 Jul 2008, 18:57

Thanks Steve, the helo should not have shown up and will be removed. This was from the library of Marcel LaFargue and he never answered my requests for the model so it will not appear in the final scenery. Too bad really 'cause he made a great lo-poly helo library.