Search found 52 matches

by Janeway
06 Aug 2012, 07:19
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Carrier Landings
Replies: 63
Views: 4854

Re: Carrier Landings

There are probably alternative ways to tweak aircraft for carrier-landings... This is ONE of them. The Best Carpenter makes the Fewest Chips [English proverb]. In other words, the fewer tweaks to an aircraft to achieve a desired result, the better. Otherwise, you risk altering the plane's performanc...
by Janeway
05 Aug 2012, 17:53

Read your comments.... but was not aware that Carriers were so popular ! Ok...will post a decent reply in the next day or two. Don't have time now..except for a few lines. Firebird is right on ALL counts: Landing - using Superspoilers - is the easy part, but Landings were my first priority. Take-off...
by Janeway
03 Aug 2012, 12:45

Adding Nick Blacks Tomcats to my carriers. I need the wet model info so they will top on the carrier' The dry touch and go or travel out over the water stop sometimes return. Have played with the toe brakes already. What do I need? Lately, I have been experimenting with dozens of AI planes landing ...
by Janeway
09 Jul 2012, 13:55
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Flightsim.com has changed its look
Replies: 28
Views: 1094

Re: Flightsim.com has changed its look

Thanks to MAIW, my FS9 is now thickly populated with military ai. Although "thickly" might sound as an exaggeration, it's not when one compares what AI was programmed by Microsoft into FS2004. Anyway, I'd be more than happy to repay you all by volunteering to take up this "chore"...
by Janeway
06 Jul 2012, 15:47
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Flightsim.com has changed its look
Replies: 28
Views: 1094

Re: Flightsim.com has changed its look

I have to say that I had the same problems with some of my own files which why I don't upload to Flightsim. Could someone tell me what was this "problem" you keep mentioning? I spend a good part of every day helping people solve problems, I'm sure if you told me what it was we could get i...
by Janeway
06 Jul 2012, 14:32
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: MAIW aircraft with working tail hooks and folding wings?
Replies: 3
Views: 486

Re: MAIW aircraft with working tail hooks and folding wings?

Hello MAIW world, I've been digging through every single MAIW package I have that could possibly have a Naval aircraft with a tail hook and folding wings. I know that Nick Black modeled a Finnish Hornet with folding wings, and the Tomcats are obvious with their wings but, are there any others that ...
by Janeway
11 May 2012, 18:29
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Tyndall AFB package by MAIW
Replies: 25
Views: 2811

Re:

Are you saying that all of those uncoded parking slots are full, or that it ignores them and parks in the QF4 spots anyway? James as far as I'm aware AI only uses the first code in the aircraft cfg ! AFAIK, this is one of the advantages of FSX over FS9. In FS9, Reggie Fields and others seemed to co...
by Janeway
11 May 2012, 17:05
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Modification for BAF 15th Transport Wing package
Replies: 1
Views: 266

Modification for BAF 15th Transport Wing package

Just this week I re-visited EBBR Brussels Airport where the Belgian Air Force 15th Transport Wing is located. Thanks to MAIW. Along with the payware TRAFFIC2005 AI, Brussels airport is a very busy area. When listening to the ATC chatter whilst circling the airport, I noticed that ATC was talking onl...
by Janeway
11 May 2012, 09:03
Topic: Spanish Mirage F1's package by MAIW
Replies: 10
Views: 1709

Re: Spanish Mirage F1's package by MAIW

Hmmm..... I don't remember there being trees with that scenery but I'm probably wrong. I don't have that scenery installed any longer but your first option is to download the whole package again to a temporary folder. Then go into that folder and copy the textures from the Albecete scenery's Textur...
by Janeway
10 May 2012, 05:43
Topic: NBAI F-15C Eagles Misbehaving in Taxiing to Parking
Replies: 4
Views: 455

Re: NBAI F-15C Eagles Misbehaving in Taxiing to Parking

Thanks for taking an interest Mike. Your tip was one thing I checked out.... After a couple of hours investigating this problem, I discovered the solution...!!! . Or at least One solution. The "rearing up" of the F15s ater they enter the taxiway to vacate the runway affects all models: F15...
by Janeway
09 May 2012, 17:37
Topic: NBAI F-15C Eagles Misbehaving in Taxiing to Parking
Replies: 4
Views: 455

NBAI F-15C Eagles Misbehaving in Taxiing to Parking

I was observing the landing and taxiing of some F-15 Eagles (Nick Black), both at Elmendorf AFB - PAED, and at Mountain Home AFB - KMUO. When the F-15 Eagle turned into the nearest taxiway, it halted for some seconds. Then, when it resumed taxiing, it suddenly reared up like a "horse"...sa...
by Janeway
09 May 2012, 17:20
Topic: Spanish Mirage F1's package by MAIW
Replies: 10
Views: 1709

Spanish Mirage F1's package - Missing TREE textures

While visiting Albacete LEAB, home of the Spanish Mirage F1, I noticed these white squares. Obviously, some TREE textures are missing. I checked ALL the textures in my folders: Gerrish Gray especially. However, I have no idea which textures are missing. However, the BGL file that calls up these text...