Search found 52 matches

by Janeway
29 Jan 2014, 19:40
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: MPAI Mirages III NOT holding short
Replies: 3
Views: 468

Re: MPAI Mirages III NOT holding short

After some more investigating....the problem is SOLVED. In the aircraft config file there is ONE parameter that I tweaked: [brakes] toe_brakes_scale = 0.01 (ORIGINAL value) This is the NEW value (which I copied from the MPAI Mirage IV model which DID hold-short correctly); [brakes] toe_brakes_scale ...
by Janeway
29 Jan 2014, 15:50

Re: MPAI Mirages III NOT holding short

Further testing with other AI produced correct behaviour: the AI do hold-short of the line and do NOT cross over until cleared for take-off. Both the MPAI F-104 Starfighters and the FMAI Mirage 2000 hold short properly, behind the lines. Perfect performance by both models!! The screenshots below con...
by Janeway
29 Jan 2014, 15:35

MPAI Mirages III NOT holding short

While adding several military fighters to an airbase -mostly Mike Pearson AI - I noticed that the Mirage III (French Air Force) were NOT holding short of the line before take-off. They keep going right into one another....merging together!! I even tested the Royal Australian Airforce Mirage III mode...
by Janeway
29 Jan 2014, 15:23
Topic: AirEd for Airfiles in Win 7 64-bit
Replies: 8
Views: 685

Re: AirEd for Airfiles in Win 7 64-bit

SeanG wrote:I have a shortcut to AirEd on my desktop, and just drag the airfile (from it's folder) onto the icon on the desktop and it works fine.

hth

SeanG
Yes, that's a real good method of opening an "Airfile" in Win 7.....thanks!! I will apply it from now on.
It did NOT occur to me!
by Janeway
20 Jan 2014, 06:43
Topic: F-104 Starfighters Drag Chute Textures NOT showing up
Replies: 10
Views: 676

Re: F-104 Starfighters Drag Chute Textures NOT showing up

The CAF model (and most likely all others as well) is calling for the file "NMAI_DROGUE_CHUTE2.BMP". This error seems to have slipped through for everybody. Rename your file "MPAI_Drogue_Chute1.bmp" to this and it will work - I just tested it. YOU DID IT, MARTIN !! Please accept...
by Janeway
19 Jan 2014, 07:22

Re: F-104 Starfighters Drag Chute Textures NOT showing up

Yes, it is. I always include any textures required by AI planes and that need to be in the Main FS9/Texture folder. Otherwise, the F-4 Phantom drogue chute would NOT be coloured properly. That is why I find it peculiar: all the required textures are IN THE RIGHT place. Both the F-4 Phantom drag-chut...
by Janeway
18 Jan 2014, 16:45

F-104 Starfighters Drag Chute Textures NOT showing up

AI F-104 Starfighters and F-4 Phantom by Mike Pearson The AI F-4C screenshot attached here illustrates the colourful striped drag-chute (striped white/yellow) which deploys after landing. Attached is a screenshot of the Canadian DUAL CF-104 after landing and deploying the chute: NO textures are visi...
by Janeway
18 Jan 2014, 16:19

Jolly nice of you all to suggest possible solutions. This goes for Vulcandriver and GSNDE, too. However, John Young's solution is the ONLY way to open "airfiles" on my Win 7 setup. Writing a Registry Key to make Win 7 "see" the "AirEd.exe" file might solve it, but I've ...
by Janeway
16 Jan 2014, 10:10

Thanks for your input, John and Firebird. Yes, I have tried already to right-click the file - as you said, Firebird - but ONLY Adobe Air is ever there. Even though I have browsed to the Aired.exe several times, Win 7 just will NOT acknowledge it even exists. So I will have to settle for opening it u...
by Janeway
16 Jan 2014, 07:45

AirEd for Airfiles in Win 7 64-bit

I DO have a problem with "AirEd" in Win 7 64-bit.... Win 7 will open the program when I click on the "AirEd.exe" application file. But it will NOT apply the option "Set AirEd for AIR files" from inside "AirEd". It will NOT open ANY aircraft "Airfile"...
by Janeway
11 Sep 2013, 14:09
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Aircraft Container Manager
Replies: 22
Views: 1416

Re: Aircraft Container Manager

Ok...after doing some hunting on the Web, I discovered a page which anybody who wishes to run ACM on Win 7 would probably find quite useful. Basically, there are sufficient hints and instructions to get ACM fully functional on a Win 7 64bit systerm....(I think!) Here's the link, if anyone wishes to ...
by Janeway
11 Sep 2013, 08:49
Topic: Aircraft Container Manager
Replies: 22
Views: 1416

Re: Aircraft Container Manager

ACM is a very handy tool and I have been using it in XP for a while now. However, I wish to install and run it in Win 7 Pro - 64bit. After reading the posts here, I am somewhat confused as to WHAT is needed to install and run it in Win 7 64bit. Would someone be kind enough to supply me with a few de...
by Janeway
11 Sep 2013, 08:14
Topic: ''Insolvable'' problem of RAISED airports in FS9......SOLVED
Replies: 4
Views: 406

''Insolvable'' problem of RAISED airports in FS9......SOLVED

Ever since I started flying in FS9 several years ago, before MAIW was born, and all military AFBs in FS9 were empty ghost-towns....I began to notice the ugly raised-up airports that pepper the landscape. This issue was never addressed by Microsoft. And nobody ever bothered to come up with a solution...
by Janeway
23 Jan 2013, 13:03
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Nellis AFB CTD's support thread
Replies: 127
Views: 9534

Re: Nellis AFB CTD's support thread

What's not a relief is not being able to figure out why that file causes that particular issue on only some computers, specifically Radion graphics cards. My graphics card is an EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 550Ti (1GB RAM). (I supplied a few more details in the thread of Elmendorf AFB v2........if you c...
by Janeway
23 Jan 2013, 12:38
Topic: Elmendorf AFB Version 2 package by MAIW
Replies: 104
Views: 13521

Re: Elmendorf AFB Version 2 package by MAIW

Out of curiosity, what graphics card do you have? Excuse the delay, please....Mike. My graphics card is an EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 550Ti - 1 GB RAM. My PC has a CPU dual-processor overclocked to 3.2 GHz, and a 2GB RAM DDR-2 overclocked to 1066 MHz. My hard-drive is a 128GB Kingston SSDnow 200 V. I'...
by Janeway
10 Jan 2013, 17:55
Topic: Nellis AFB CTD's support thread
Replies: 127
Views: 9534

Re: Nellis AFB CTD's support thread

Since Nellis AFB is home to the renowned Thunderbirds , I drop in now and again. It's early 2013, and when opting to overfly Nellis at Dawn or Dusk, the inevitable CTDs spoil the fun. After re-reading the last several posts of this thread, it's obvious you already know that the guilty BGL is the air...
by Janeway
10 Jan 2013, 17:00
Topic: Elmendorf AFB Version 2 package by MAIW
Replies: 104
Views: 13521

Re: Elmendorf AFB Version 2 package by MAIW

After flying around Elmendorf AFB these past couple of days, I've been encountering regular CTDs at Dawn or Dusk. My attempts to nail down the root cause utilizing Process Monitor etc. proved fruitless. Process Monitor churned out different results for the same CTDs at Elmendorf...so I altered my st...
by Janeway
08 Jan 2013, 09:52
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Speeding up LOADING of FS9 by varying ONE parameter only
Replies: 32
Views: 10191

Re: Speeding up LOADING of FS9 by varying ONE parameter only

One of the downsides though, is that if you use ACA2005, it will fire back about every aircraft not being in a flightplan, as ACA specifically looks for traffic files in scenery/world/scenery - it doesn't allow for traffic files in individual scenery folders. I suppose the way around that would be ...
by Janeway
07 Jan 2013, 08:18
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Speeding up LOADING of FS9 by varying ONE parameter only
Replies: 32
Views: 10191

Speeding up LOADING of FS9 by varying ONE parameter only

These tips are for anybody who does NOT have a high-end PC (those who do can skip this topic...) After countless hours of meticulous experimentation, here are a few tips which might appeal to some of you... It's downright annoying to have to wait for over FIVE minutes - or more - for FS9 to load !!!...
by Janeway
11 Aug 2012, 06:28
Topic: Carrier Landings
Replies: 63
Views: 4854

Re: Carrier Landings

Do I just need to ajust step 6. to land on the carrier or do I need to make a the changes like your pictures? If I make a mistake will the aircraft crash my computer? Have had trouble in the past and with so many planes I have loaded it's like trying to get rid of a virus if I screw up if you know ...