Search found 360 matches

by SeanG
17 Nov 2012, 01:47
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: How do I?
Replies: 10
Views: 662

Re: How do I?

Well - no further forward, so I am going to take a leaf out of Robert the Bruce's book...................with my own usual twist. "If at first ye don't succeed.................................pull yer foreskin o'er yer heid!!" :twisted: :smt005 There was a simple 2 clicks and you're done ...
by SeanG
17 Nov 2012, 01:03
Topic: How do I?
Replies: 10
Views: 662

Re: How do I?

Well - no further forward, so I am going to take a leaf out of Robert the Bruce's book...................with my own usual twist. "If at first ye don't succeed.................................pull yer foreskin o'er yer heid!!" :twisted: :smt005 There was a simple 2 clicks and you're done ...
by SeanG
12 Nov 2012, 07:17
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Skyhawk
Replies: 75
Views: 5807

Re: Skyhawk

Thank you so much for this! I am doing a retro RNZAF/Nowra package, but might just have to do an extra-retro(tm) version, rolling back to before 1984... I mean I even have HMAS Melbourne sailing off the coast for some T&G practice ;-) Looking forward, patiently, for the RNZAF Kahu birds... which...
by SeanG
26 Oct 2012, 10:53
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: F-111E/F and EF111A (JY)
Replies: 243
Views: 10046

Re: F-111E/F and EF111A (JY)

I also use Windows 7 64bit and have had no problems designing or flying. However, since the Lakenheath traffic.bgl pre-dates the release, I guess users will need to ensure that all the required waypoints have been carried over from their old machines. I don’t know for sure if a missing scenery wayp...
by SeanG
25 Oct 2012, 23:50

Interesting; John's Lakenheath traffic file works fine..... wonder what the difference is with mine.....
Further investigation to follow :)

SeanG
by SeanG
25 Oct 2012, 19:52

A few worrying things happening it would seem. So: 3. SeanG/ChrisB - Ive watched the F-111s extensively both at Upper Heyford and at my test airfield and have not experienced a failure to take off or a PVFC. Chris, could you e-mail me your Lakenheath AFCAD and flightplan and let me know at what tim...
by SeanG
25 Oct 2012, 08:01

Thanks for this package John, it looks outstanding!

I am having one problem though; The aircraft are taxiing correctly, but wont take off. They sit on the runway, burners glowing, then a couple of minutes later FS crashes.
Anyone else having this problem?

SeanG
by SeanG
15 Oct 2012, 00:21

mikeblaze wrote:Just published my first part of this revised Skyhawk schedule; the A-4A/B/C of the USN/USMC. 16 models and 32 repaints will add to anybody's retro AI world.
Thank you! thank you! thank you!

SeanG
by SeanG
26 Sep 2012, 08:33

On no particular schedule, again with the blessing of Mark, I will do the RAAF/RNZAF/RAN Skyhawks as well, with individual base models. You sir, deserve a large beverage of your choice... you've just made my day! Looking forward to replacing the A-4 models in my Ohakea/Nowra retro package :) SeanG
by SeanG
04 Sep 2012, 00:37
Topic: Adding a Multiplayer model
Replies: 6
Views: 596

Re: Adding a Multiplayer model

I did a simple (and crude compared to you guys!) B707 tanker for MP once, and I used the gear as the trigger, as it was the only animation that I could be sure of :) So I had Gear down, drogues in, Gear up drogues out.. Meant that even if the animation events weren't sent then the gear would default...
by SeanG
31 Aug 2012, 02:17
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Military AI flightplan hints and tips?
Replies: 12
Views: 2483

Re: Military AI flightplan hints and tips?

We normally only use one waypoint in any leg ie take off -waypoint - land (need not be home airport) any more may cause problems Thanks Gary, I'm doing some experiments around waypoints, dummy AFCADs and timing, so I'll let you know how they all work out... Trial and error is my constant companion ...
by SeanG
28 Aug 2012, 23:12

I must admit that i thought I had aircraft flying at 1000' but it might be outside of controlled airspace and it was some time ago. Another to watch out for VFR flying aircraft will not avoid obstacles or terrain IFR ones will auto their height to remain safe. That could account for the 2000ft when...
by SeanG
27 Aug 2012, 22:17

Thanks again Steve, Another observation: when I set a plan as IFR they fly at 2000ft, whereas VFR they fly down to the alt I set (in this case 500ft...) So I am guessing there is a limit to the alt that IFR will fly? For my purposes an actual TNG on my waypoint runway wont be that bad, as it's 100NM...
by SeanG
26 Aug 2012, 23:34

The 250kt limit is imposed by the AI engine whilst in controlled airspace under 8000', I think (although it might be 10000'). The trouble is that unlike real life FS9 does not go into details of assigning controlled as in real life. It assigns controlled airspace from the ground up and does not eve...
by SeanG
19 Aug 2012, 01:38

Military AI flightplan hints and tips?

I have started building a retro package for RNZAF Skyhawks out of Nowra and Ohakea, based on interviews with former air and ground crew from 2 and 75 Sqns. I've built AI flightplans before, but only airliner/ga/normal stuff, now I want to do something a little more interesting, but I have a lot of q...
by SeanG
13 Aug 2012, 05:33
Topic: Historic A-4 Skyhawks
Replies: 7
Views: 803

Re: Historic A-4 Skyhawks

Michael_Verlin wrote:I've been in touch with Mike Pearson. He is currently working on loadouts and other modifications. We'll have more to say as things progress.
That is great news!

I Might even have to do a Draken International package now, since the last 8 A-4k's and 9 Macchi 339CB's are going to them :)

SeanG
by SeanG
11 Aug 2012, 21:46
Topic: Historic A-4 Skyhawks
Replies: 7
Views: 803

Re: Historic A-4 Skyhawks

These are a great start and I agree the would look the part with loadouts. On Avsim his modified NBAI Scooters are in the following variants. A-4E/TA-4J A-4PTM/TAxx A-4KU/TAxx I hadn't seen them before.... Has anyone done a humpless model with stores? I'm working on a retro (C2001) RNZAF Skyhawk pa...
by SeanG
02 May 2011, 22:16
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: convert scenery objects
Replies: 2
Views: 381

Re: convert scenery objects

You can, and I have... ModelConvertX is the way to go, but I had to go from FSX BGL library object, to 3DS, open that in GMax and rescale, then export as a scenery object again. Long and tedious, but it got the model I wanted into FS9 (A-4M Skyhawk to go on a carrier scenery...) SeanG http://www.sim...
by SeanG
13 Apr 2009, 03:33
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: NBAI A-4 Repaints Thread
Replies: 78
Views: 4613

<hopping from foot to foot in excitement> WOOHOO! Can't wait now! :)
Thankyou thankyou thankyou so much! Now we just need an AI Macchi MB339CB and we'd be set ;-)

SeanG

(did I mention THANKYOU?)
by SeanG
04 Apr 2009, 10:52
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: NBAI A-4 Repaints Thread
Replies: 78
Views: 4613

Hi guys, I am *really* looking forward to this package, being an absolute A-4 fan and all :) If anyone needs any data, more photos or whatever on Kiwi A-4's let me know. I have a good collection of information, photos, paint details (and drawings of the original 70's scheme, if we get a humped model...