Search found 11 matches

by tag21
28 Apr 2024, 11:22
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Urgent Forum Maintenance
Replies: 51
Views: 1932

Re: Urgent Forum Maintenance

Well done, MAIW Team and special thanks to Greg. This upgrade is no easy task and to do it on a voluntary basis is epic.
I am looking forward to using the Download hangar again for all the upcoming releases.
Great stuff!

Tom
by tag21
24 Apr 2024, 07:04
Forum: General Projects
Topic: WW2 Airfields FSX/P3D
Replies: 1
Views: 116

WW2 Airfields FSX/P3D

RAF Ford was uploaded to MAIW in Jan 24 and the second airfield in the series is now ready for release. RAF Friston was a grass airfield situated on the South Coast of the UK, near Eastbourne. It was a fighter airfield, but because of its proximity to the enemy coast, it became a safe haven for many...
by tag21
18 Jan 2024, 02:56
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 544
Views: 42442

Re: Thoughts on the next project

As Steve suggested, the Typhoon/Tempest has my vote, plus the Sea Fury in a RN setting.
by tag21
13 Jan 2024, 03:14
Forum: JYAI
Topic: AI Spitfires, Mosquitos and Lancasters, RAF Ford 1944, with Present-Day Historic examples.
Replies: 18
Views: 928

Re: AI Spitfires, Mosquitos and Lancasters, RAF Ford 1944, with Present-Day Historic examples.

RAF Ford 1944 represents the culmination of several months of detailed work by John Young, Tim Collins and myself. The airfield is shown in the hectic period leading up to the D-Day landings in June 1944. The screen shots below give you an idea of what the finished project now looks like and it will...
by tag21
27 Oct 2023, 23:58
Topic: MAIW File Size Upload Limits
Replies: 36
Views: 1519

Re: MAIW File Size Upload Limits

Hi Martin,
Version 2 of RAF Ford (EGKF) is meant to replace Version 1, but I would not object if you want to keep both versions active.

My recently released version of RAF Hawkinge (EGHW) is showing MAIW as the author, so could you please correct that.

Regards,
Tom
by tag21
27 Oct 2023, 07:59

Hi Martin,
The airfield layout has been altered to reflect how it was in 1944.

This information is included in the Installation Instructions file that is included with the download zip.

Regards,
Tom
by tag21
10 Oct 2023, 23:04

Steve / Martin, I have been experimenting with the content of library files and have discovered that the majority of my scenery objects are already present in the MAIW Ofiicial Scenery Library. I will therefore direct users to download this file when they download my scenery files and this will solv...
by tag21
25 Sep 2023, 02:14

Steve / Martin, Only the Library file at 360 MB zipped will need to be uploaded. This is available at: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/ohcclt7a ... jpjw4&dl=0 Once that is available on site, I am assuming that members will be able to separately download the airfield scenery file and the Library f...
by tag21
23 Sep 2023, 03:51

Steve and Martin

Any progress on how to upload files in excess of the 256 MB limit?

Regards,
Tom
by tag21
15 Sep 2023, 09:32

Steve and Martin Thank you for the quick response. I have uploaded the files for RAF Ford to Dropbox. This is a new airfield I have just built for P3D v5 and v6. It is on the South coast of the UK, 4.3 miles North East of Bognor Regis and was very active as a fighter station in WW2. It is 1,5 GB in ...
by tag21
14 Sep 2023, 10:28

MAIW File Size Upload Limits

MAIW Admins, I have been creating military airfield scenery in FSX, P3D and MSFS for a number of years and have uploaded some 50 MSFS packages to Flightsim.to under the username "Tag21". I would like to share some of my FSX/P3D creations on this site, but there is a problem with the 256 MB...