Search found 82 matches

by DeepSea-Two-One
11 Oct 2012, 12:37
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Do military planes still go to KSTL?
Replies: 16
Views: 758

Re: Do military planes still go to KSTL?

So military planes park at the FBO? Why wouldn't they park at the ANG base that is there? Most ANG or AFRES bases are not setup for servicing and supporting transit aircraft. A great many normal AFB or NAS are also not setup for transit aircraft of multiple types. For example - Whiteman would not b...
by DeepSea-Two-One
30 Mar 2011, 22:57
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Installing MAIW packages in FSX
Replies: 356
Views: 30814

Re: Installing MAIW packages in FSX

That is one of the changes in FSX. FSX will allow the user to see AI aircraft on his own system while on multi-player, both the default GameSpy system built into FSX, and if using the FSHost FSX Connector to allow you to fly with FS2004 folks. We have to turn off AI most of the time while flying mul...
by DeepSea-Two-One
30 Mar 2011, 03:02
Topic: Problem with AI @ airport
Replies: 13
Views: 606

Re: Problem with AI @ airport

One more problem if you guys dont mind, I have alot of assgined parking at this peticular airport and some of my AI aircraft are parking on top of each other even though there are other parking spots? Any solution for that? The two main causes of this are (1) duplicate AFCAD files - as mentioned ab...
by DeepSea-Two-One
27 Mar 2011, 21:03
Topic: Installing MAIW packages in FSX
Replies: 356
Views: 30814

Re: Installing MAIW packages in FSX

I've installed Nellis and it is okay in FSX. It really suffers because of not having the photobackground/ landclass. The FS2004 excludes are worthless in FSX. You have to create new excludes for most objects. You also have to modify the FSX airport background polygon to cover the expanded area of th...
by DeepSea-Two-One
22 Mar 2011, 02:25
Topic: AI Helicopter
Replies: 7
Views: 558

Re: AI Helicopter

FlightSim will not allow helicopters to be used as AI. If the .AIR file identifies the aircraft as a helicopter - the AI engine will not display the aircraft. Some folks long ago were able to use a motorglider flight dynamics paired with a helicopter model to make somewhat acceptable helicopter AI. ...
by DeepSea-Two-One
21 Mar 2011, 14:12
Topic: It just goes to show ya, it's always something
Replies: 0
Views: 341

It just goes to show ya, it's always something

I finally get all the various Libyan military traffic available here up and running - and now much of it is disappearing in the real world.
by DeepSea-Two-One
16 Mar 2011, 14:46
Topic: Alphasim A-3 Skywarrior AI model
Replies: 3
Views: 390

Re: Alphasim A-3 Skywarrior AI model

But having served in a squadron with A-3, and having flown on several - they still fly in my AI world, along with Mike Stone's EC-121.

Good thing they are based at NAS Agana Guam where there is realtively little traffic.
by DeepSea-Two-One
06 Mar 2011, 16:07
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Mike Pearson VC-10
Replies: 20
Views: 1313

Re: Mike Pearson VC-10

clarke123 wrote:You sir are a bloody genius! It was the ,L1011 in the parking codes that knackered it. Nice one mate.
A five character parking code could cause a CTD.
by DeepSea-Two-One
11 Feb 2011, 19:50
Topic: Thanks and goodnight
Replies: 19
Views: 1071

Re: Thanks and goodnight

I'm so happy for your parents and wife's parents. Grandchildren are among the greatest joys in life !!!! (Pic at the left is a half-dozen of mine.) Though nothing compares to the first time someone holds their child. I hope you and the wife enjoy the kids. I'm sorry to see you go, but folks have to ...
by DeepSea-Two-One
24 Jan 2011, 13:53
Topic: Timing AI Flightplans
Replies: 5
Views: 369

Re: Timing AI Flightplans

I keep trying to create a spreadsheet; but; sometimes there is a 1 minute wait, and then the next wait may only be 10 or 15 seconds. FS ignores the seconds in any AI flight plan. It starts the aircraft pre-flight sequence in the first 10 seconds of the next minute. If your aircraft is slated for de...
by DeepSea-Two-One
19 Jan 2011, 03:04
Topic: Gulfport Biloxi Regional (GPT) Touch-and-Go
Replies: 8
Views: 563

Re: Gulfport Biloxi Regional (GPT) Touch-and-Go

If you look at the eastbound traffic on the divided highway near the north sequence of photos - you will see the same few vehicles duplicated several times. There is a dark vehicle in the left eastbound land passing by a lighter vehicle in the right lane. In the third group of four shots of these tw...
by DeepSea-Two-One
14 Jan 2011, 13:34
Topic: Gulfport Biloxi Regional (GPT) Touch-and-Go
Views: 563

Re: Gulfport Biloxi Regional (GPT) Touch-and-Go

Google Earth/ Google Maps tiles for the resolution like used at Gulfport are about 850 feet square. The images for the Gulfport airport were taken on Jan 6, 2010. The one aircraft near the threshold of Rwy 14 with four images is executing a climb as the distance between the aircraft and shadow incre...
by DeepSea-Two-One
07 Jan 2011, 17:56
Topic: Dans bits & bobs
Replies: 456
Views: 43645

Re: Dans bits & bobs

First make a backup of the texture.

Then
Open the texture with DXTBmp
Select top menu "Alpha" select "Invert Alpha"
Save and see how it works.
by DeepSea-Two-One
04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Topic: Support archive for MAIW Packages in FSX
Replies: 306
Views: 51717

Re: Support for MAIW Packages in FSX

FSX has two vastly different versions of KEDW. One is the base version and Acceleration adds a completely new airport with a lot of new scenery objects and photorealistic backgrounds. It also adjusts the position of the airport slightly to match the photo backgrounds vice the official charts which w...
by DeepSea-Two-One
04 Jan 2011, 22:39
Topic: Question on FSX
Replies: 3
Views: 353

Re: Question on FSX

MAIW traffic files are also in FS9 format. You can keep all your WoA and MAIW traffic files in FS9 format if you wish. The only negative is the days of the week are off by one. In FS9 the days are Sunday - 0, Monday - 1, Tuesday - 2, etc. In FSX the days are Monday - 0, Tuesday - 1, Wednesday - 2, e...
by DeepSea-Two-One
25 Dec 2010, 16:48
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: AMC East C-17 package by MAIW
Replies: 9
Views: 1072

Re: AMC East C-17 package by MAIW

Nope - we don't need to send more workers home. Replacing 9 reindeer with four suckers. Keep them off unemployment and on the job. :smt003
by DeepSea-Two-One
22 Dec 2010, 17:40
Topic: An impossible question?
Views: 424

Re: An impossible question?

Having individual repaints for a fleet of aircraft where the only change is the registration number is a huge resource hog/ FPS killer. FS does not know that 99.9% of the texture is identical, so it has to load each into memory before it can be displayed. Cutting down fleets down to one or two repai...
by DeepSea-Two-One
23 Nov 2010, 18:50
Topic: FS 2002
Replies: 5
Views: 289

Re: FS 2002

As mention above - the AFCAD's are useless in FS2002 - you have to find a version of AFCAD v1 and create your own airport parking. It is much harder in FS2002 than FS2004 because AFCAD only displays the taxi lines - no aprons, buildings, etc. Also as mentioned above - there can be only one traffic f...
by DeepSea-Two-One
22 Nov 2010, 14:43
Topic: Andersen AFB Guam
Replies: 18
Views: 1967

Re: Andersen AFB Guam

Oh the days - of sitting on our carport in Dededo and watching the Buffs coming back from Nam - a steady stream about 1,500 feet overhead just before their final descent. Like watching an updated version of 12 O'clock High - live.

I'll be very interested in this one.
by DeepSea-Two-One
20 Nov 2010, 21:54
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: AMC West C-5's package by MAIW
Replies: 14
Views: 1583

Re: AMC West C-5's package by MAIW

Am I missing a texture file?