Search found 226 matches

by jgowing
29 Jan 2024, 13:03
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Embraer KC-390
Replies: 32
Views: 1505

Re: Embraer KC-390

Looking good, John. This is going to be a widely used one, with Hungary and Czechia also having ordered it and others sure to follow.

Jon
by jgowing
19 Jan 2024, 18:15
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: ModelConverterX - please read
Replies: 15
Views: 604

Re: ModelConverterX - please read

That's good to know, as I was assuming I'd done something wrong. I swapped in the original FS9 Pa23 Apache and it flew fine. When I compared the FDE's between the Apache and the Aztec, the latter had a radically different CG figure. So, I might try to tweak as and when. Meanwhile, I tried a conversi...
by jgowing
19 Jan 2024, 13:34

Okay, I can report progress, but not yet success. Switching the air file did indeed prevent CTD, and the plane displays in the sim. It starts and taxies fine, although the props stop when the engine is idling. Take off is also okay, and the undercarriage retracts, but when the plane starts a right t...
by jgowing
18 Jan 2024, 19:16

Thanks Greg, I'll try that when I next get time and report back. Out of curiosity, why did you mention that CTD was especially likely with Todd's? If we can make this work, he has warbirds (Avenger, B-26) that would also be targets.

Jon
by jgowing
17 Jan 2024, 20:29

And further to Martin's comment, the converted model does load in MCX.
by jgowing
17 Jan 2024, 20:27

It's an AI model, Todd Bolgrin's FSX Piper Aztec seemed a good place to start. FS9 loads okay, and I can see the converted Aztec in the preview window. I'd created a simple flightplan, and selected the create a flight parameters. The sim then crashes after a short while as the flight loads. I disabl...
by jgowing
17 Jan 2024, 17:57

This is such an interesting development, and I've been following the thread on FSDeveloper. Despite my inexperience, I wanted to start testing a bit myself. Using a simple FSX model, I was successful using the current MCX beta to convert to FS9, with animations intact and textures separately convert...
by jgowing
16 Jan 2024, 12:03
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 544
Views: 41763

Re: Thoughts on the next project

I think Miljan had a KC-390 underway a while back. It would be a good choice, whoever does it, as it is being ordered a lot around Europe now.
by jgowing
30 Apr 2022, 15:00
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: AW119 Koala
Replies: 36
Views: 2147

Re: AW119 Koala

This afternoon I have re-uploaded the AW119 package with corrected transparency textures. I was sure I had done this in February, but I may have had a senior moment..

Jon G
by jgowing
28 Apr 2022, 06:58
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: My Finland Border Guard plans
Replies: 12
Views: 810

Re: My Finland Border Guard plans

I'll upload the update with the corrected transparencies again, as it seems to have gone AWOL.

Jon G
by jgowing
27 Apr 2022, 16:39

I thought I'd sent the updated FS9 model for upload a while back, although I haven't visited the site much lately as we're about to move house. I'll re-send it if it's gone missing..

Jon G
by jgowing
27 Apr 2022, 13:27

Thanks for doing these plans. Do you also have paints, as they were on my to-do list?

Jon G
by jgowing
06 Apr 2022, 21:21
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: OCCITANIA X
Replies: 9
Views: 630

Re: OCCITANIA X

Martin, I have Occitania on my aged FS9 set up. I'll look for the original zip in my archive to see if I can find the links, as I recall there was also an FSX version. Meanwhile, I've just spotted www.gratisim.fr which might interest you.

Cheers,

Jon G
by jgowing
11 Feb 2022, 16:15

Hi mage, Thankyou for those kind words. Can I ask what are your intentions for the large package you mention? Is this for your own consumption or for a wider audience, in which case there would be rules to be followed. And, by the way, I've done a repaint for the heli you show in the link, plus thre...
by jgowing
09 Feb 2022, 20:53

I have been away from things for a while, but I've just realized that on some of the AW119 models the windows are opaque due to an incorrect opacity setting.

I will correct this and upload an amended file in the next day or two.

Jon G.
by jgowing
13 Jan 2022, 20:28
Topic: Oopps!
Replies: 11
Views: 903

Re: Oopps!

I don't think so.; it's a dedicated AI one, I think by Pavel Toman. Possibly only 1 LOD, but still better suited for AI, I assume.

Jon G
by jgowing
13 Jan 2022, 19:07
Topic: Oopps!
Replies: 11
Views: 903

Re: Oopps!

John(s),

There is an AI Jungmann on Flightsim.cz, in its Czech form as an Aero C104S. You'll find it on page 2 of the AI aircraft downloads, as part of a pack of 9 assorted light aircraft types. I hope this helps.

Jon G
by jgowing
26 Nov 2021, 16:57
Topic: JYAI MH-6M “Little Bird”
Replies: 29
Views: 2165

Re: JYAI MH-6M “Little Bird”

That's a nice early Christmas present..

Jon G
by jgowing
08 Nov 2021, 18:19

I have just checked AIAE, which uses the same visual core component of MCX, and they all show up fine - FS9 of course. I am wondering, that as they are Fs9 models, that if there is no scheme for them they do not show up in MCX. Could this be the case? I can't vouch for MCX, but the models with no s...
by jgowing
07 Nov 2021, 20:14

Thanks, Martin.

Jon