Thanks, I'll give that a try
by firehawkordy
03 Jun 2013, 23:07
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Looking For A Specific Package
Replies: 2
Views: 211

Looking For A Specific Package

My memory is not what it used to be and I am trying to remember what package had all the target on the Goldwater Ranges. I need to know as I am putting together a virtual operation for next weekend and I need to be able to tell our members to get "x" download from here. At the Moment I hav...
by firehawkordy
25 Dec 2012, 09:57
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: New Package: US Navy Airliners Part 4
Replies: 6
Views: 805

Re: New Package: US Navy Airliners Part 4

Great Xmas present, since switching to FSX I'm lacking in east coast NAS's. Any word on when VR-55 at NAWS Pt Mugu will be made or released? I have some strong ties with Shipmates there.
by firehawkordy
06 Jan 2009, 03:06
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Smokey SAM
Replies: 3
Views: 456

I'll try to get some screens, the effect seems to fire when I'm doing something else however. It is scary though, last night online a friend of mine were checking the placement of one "SAM" and it fired off right past his tail. The effect came from the ones in the Scevolution download, I g...
by firehawkordy
06 Jan 2009, 00:56
Topic: Listing Of Military Scenerys
Replies: 104
Views: 42598

NAS Pt Mugu and NAWS China Lake are available at Flightsim.com. NAF El Centro is available at AVSIM.

Now if only NAS Fallon could be made, the old Alpha Sim one is a frame killer.
by firehawkordy
06 Jan 2009, 00:46

Update to my above post, Using Instant Scenery I was able to place a flare effect at an angle and heading of my choosing. I placed two of these effects on a "mobile SAM" from the old Fallon Target scenery. Works and looks okay. I'm going to add this to the SAM Sight on the MAIW Goldwater r...
by firehawkordy
24 Oct 2008, 06:56
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Re-painting....
Replies: 8
Views: 376

I use both GIMP and Paint.Net slaved to FS Repaint. Paint.Net is easier to use when adding layers like nose art or markings, Gimp has a better paint pallet. Using Repaint as an interface allows me to see my results on the fly.
by firehawkordy
24 Oct 2008, 06:52
Topic: Your favorite flyable military planes?
Replies: 41
Views: 1755

Short list,

PC-21
OV-10
T-28, all by Piglett

AlphaSim

H-2
H-60
AH-1
Both '53's
RA-5

Mike Stone

C-5
C-17
C-130H/J

David Maltby
VC-10
BAC1-11

I have others but these are the one's I fly the most.
by firehawkordy
21 Oct 2008, 23:09
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Final Checker
Replies: 5
Views: 448

It's the Follow Me truck off this website....

http://taxiways.org/taxiware/fr/taxiware.php

Repaint was done by Ron Rhea for a VA that I run.
by firehawkordy
21 Oct 2008, 03:29

I was at VP-0919,VFA-305,HAL-5 and HCS-5 through the 80's and 90's. I was better know as AO1 Charlie Jones and W/C230 when I retired from HCS-5 in '98. I went past the old hangar this May when Clark Bleeker retired, the MAA's have the Firehawks side of the building now. The whole NAR ramp is pretty ...
by firehawkordy
21 Oct 2008, 02:27

Final Checker

Was watching traffic at Yuma and thought I'd try to the final Ordnance Check before the AV-8's launched. Just like the "old" days. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/firehawkordy/fs92008-10-2018-07-06-56.jpg http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/firehawkordy/fs92008-10-2018-06-06-...
by firehawkordy
13 Oct 2008, 02:26

Smokey SAM

Before I find out the hard way I want to know if this is possible, can a smoke effect be made the travels from ground to air be made using the SDK? If so, is there a way to trigger it while about 8-9 miles out? I want to make a Smokey SAM like the ones I saw at the range in Barking Sands. Got to see...
by firehawkordy
13 Oct 2008, 02:15
Topic: Yuma Scenery
Replies: 1
Views: 164

Yuma Scenery

I thought I'd mention that the Yuma scenery and Goldwater Ranges come in handy for MP. I just had a session at my home server with most everyone using MAIW packages, at my reccomendation, and it really enhanced the experience. While I don't fly with AI as a habit, it is nice to seee populated airbas...
by firehawkordy
10 Oct 2008, 20:48
Topic: China Lake NAWS (Armitage Field) Naval Air Weapons test base
Replies: 4
Views: 499

I should note that although I have been over one of the ranges during a Huey gun exercise, I have no idea as to the exact location of the ranges per se. My advice would be to look at the MOA and make a guess. The Navy owns a big chunk of desert so there's lots of room to play with. I forgot to menti...
by firehawkordy
10 Oct 2008, 17:04
Topic: China Lake NAWS (Armitage Field) Naval Air Weapons test base
Replies: 4
Views: 499

I was assigned to NAWS-0176, a Reserve unit, at China Lake in the early 90's and if I recall the only scheduled flights were the support ones from NAWS Pt. Mugu. For the most part the flights were C-12's. Any military flights were based on the testing schedule. While I can't and won't post an actual...