MAIW Nellis P3D v2.5 conversion...i finally got it to work !

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
Kulbit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

MAIW Nellis P3D v2.5 conversion...i finally got it to work !

Post by Kulbit »

And now i will start to convert all the other bases (thanks to Model Converter 3 Beta and Libray Creator XML Beta with P3D v2 compatibility !!)

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW Nellis P3D v2.5 conversion...i finally got it to work !

Post by gsnde »

Hi Kulbit,

That is looking very good. I have stopped the P3D experiment recently because of an increasing list of issues starting with version 2.4. I want to wait that the back and forth comes to an end. On the plus side of version 2.4 is the newly gained compatibility with the HTAI F-16 and C-130.

The issues I had were:

1. All the afterburner effects suddenly way to small due to a changed scaling factor. If LM stays with that value in the shaders all (!) afterburner effects have to be corrected. Plus something that has another root cause - you need to watch the afterburner of Menno's Blackbird to see what I mean.

2. Mike's B-52 now has the position lights outside the aircraft.

I think there way something else but I can't remember right now.

Have you seen any of this in 2.5?
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Porca paletta!!! :shock:
Bello sto P3D.....

Giorgio
Kulbit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Kulbit »

gsnde wrote:Hi Kulbit,

That is looking very good. I have stopped the P3D experiment recently because of an increasing list of issues starting with version 2.4. I want to wait that the back and forth comes to an end. On the plus side of version 2.4 is the newly gained compatibility with the HTAI F-16 and C-130.

The issues I had were:

1. All the afterburner effects suddenly way to small due to a changed scaling factor. If LM stays with that value in the shaders all (!) afterburner effects have to be corrected. Plus something that has another root cause - you need to watch the afterburner of Menno's Blackbird to see what I mean.

2. Mike's B-52 now has the position lights outside the aircraft.

I think there way something else but I can't remember right now.

Have you seen any of this in 2.5?
Hi Gsnde,

here is two pics of the afterburner effect by a T38 on Beale AFB converted scenery for P3D v2.5
it seems tome theat they're ok but is my personal opinion please tell me what do you think about:

I will check later for the B52 lights!!
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I assume the same techniques used for converting scenery with work for FSX? I never got around to fixing Nellis, and I am virtually there all the time.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Kulbit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Kulbit »

I think so.
Basically you must first convert all the bgl of the original scenery, in mdl file using Model Converter X , taking care to select batch conversion and FSX mdl file format (P3D v2 por Prepar3D ), and in the same time the textures conversion in DDS format.
Then you have to recompile the BGL using Library Creator XML, overwriting the original bgl.