BC Strikes again!!

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: BC Strikes again!!

Post by campbeme »

edhave wrote:Thank you for the scenery, looks great.
Just a question for the scenery experts; I have the Skijump installed from UKMIL for the UK2000 scenery, I moved the files to the new scenery, it shows ok but the placement is a few meters off.
Is there a way to adjust the bgl file so it aligns with the new scenery ?

Ed
You just need to add the library which the model is in, to your ADE scenery library and place the ski jump to your liking and compile. Then remove the old scenery placement data to get rid of duplicates.
Mark
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by delbydoo »

Well blow me.......

Obviously we cannot share the files for the ski-jump, but you can get it from the UKMIL freeware scenery section (you still must sign up though)

I will get a couple of more screenies up and running tomorrow to describe how to do it using ADE and if you've got ModelConverterX that will help with viewing the parts that are necessary to get this going......Cheers Mark, should have realised it could be that easy :D

Oh and the ramp works.....you go up!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Daryl, how is using a ukmil lib any different from any other external lib. Just add the objects to the scenery and state that you need such and such lib from this place to see the ski jump.

Surely it has to be simpler than describing how to do it and then trying to sort out queries from people that didn't quite get it right and now want help fixing it.

It could save Brian and yourself some grief. I would have thought that it would be a simple matter to upload the modded bgl and readme.

However, if I am missing something please say so.
Steve
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees.......link for the ramp file:

http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?list.67

Unzip it all, then all you need are the ukmil_yeovilton_uk2000.bgl and all textures, place these where you normally keep your Static Objects.

Pop the attached obj file into your RNAS Yeovilton/Scenery folder

Job done. Simple.
Attachments
EGDY_ADE9_BC_OBJ.BGL
(60.57 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

:D
Mark
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Marvelous, without the above enhancements, the scenery installed fine without mods into FSX. Need to check parking, not seeing my Sea Kings yet and the working ski jump (assume is should work fine in FSX) will be very cool with 1 or 2 payware Harriers.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

To make life even simpler for those that are not UKMIL members the lib is actually also on Flightsim, http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... fid=117547.
Steve
edhave
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by edhave »

delbydoo wrote:Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees.......link for the ramp file:

http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?list.67

Unzip it all, then all you need are the ukmil_yeovilton_uk2000.bgl and all textures, place these where you normally keep your Static Objects.

Pop the attached obj file into your RNAS Yeovilton/Scenery folder

Job done. Simple.

What a service .... thanks :lol:

Ed
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Is anybody having trouble downloading the UKMIL scenery?
Bazinga!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Trouble in what sense? With the updated bgl supplied by Daryl I downloaded the zip from flightsim.com installed the file mentioned by Daryl and the textures into my addon scenery and there it was.

Have you tried the link I added to flightsim.com?
Steve
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Just add the objects to the scenery and state that you need such and such lib from this place to see the ski jump.
Surely it has to be simpler than describing how to do it and then trying to sort out queries from people that didn't quite get it right and now want help fixing it.
Gmax users can make a harden surface as shown here in the ski ramp, I'm sure John Young would know the techique and may be able to step some one through the construction of said ramp. It looks like a simple model, poly wise and you have a good texture to use a base to re-draw your own, so that you don't infringe on somebodies copyright.
FSDS users can also make the harden surface but there is some fiddling around with the ASM file when re-compiling the model.
To my understanding, I don't think it will operate with AI aircraft.
cheer's,
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

AI aircraft will happily ignore such surfaces, as they operate solely on the airfield height. You could mimic the behaviour via animations, using something like John Young's short T/O roll Harriers, and then it's only a matter of trial and error with the take-off distance to get it to look right.
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

When I try to download from UKMIL, I get a download error. It is freeware correct? And I have an account setup on UKMIL. The file on Flightsim.com contains only two afcads and the readme's correct.
Bazinga!
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

fishlips wrote:Gmax users can make a harden surface as shown here in the ski ramp, I'm sure John Young would know the techique and may be able to step some one through the construction of said ramp. It looks like a simple model, poly wise and you have a good texture to use a base to re-draw your own, so that you don't infringe on somebodies copyright.
FSDS users can also make the harden surface but there is some fiddling around with the ASM file when re-compiling the model.

To my understanding, I don't think it will operate with AI aircraft.

cheer's,
Mark,

No, hardened ramps won't work as such with AI Harriers or at least they didn't for me back in 2009. :(

I had to create a custom STOL AI FDE to get the NBAI UK Harriers to appear to be taking off on the ramps on the UK Carriers and the practice carrier deck at RAF Wittering. :wink:
    Mike M.
    RKE
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

phantomfreak wrote:When I try to download from UKMIL, I get a download error. It is freeware correct? And I have an account setup on UKMIL. The file on Flightsim.com contains only two afcads and the readme's correct.
    There's an exe file in the Flightsim.com download as well: UKMIL Harrier Ski-Jump for UK2000.exe

Install to a temporary folder and copy the files from the Yeovilton folder to a folder with other scenery library objects.
    Firebird
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That's right you have to run the exe to get the bgl and textures.
    Steve
    edhave
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by edhave »

UKMIL Skijump at Wittering works fine to ..
    Attachments
    Wittering Skijump.jpg
    phantomfreak
    Major
    Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Ok. Did not see that at first. Thanks.
    Bazinga!