Search found 3542 matches

by John Young
Yesterday, 09:41
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: ai aircraft on a carrier
Replies: 13
Views: 310

Re: ai aircraft on a carrier

I don't think there is a solution to the deck switch unfortunately. Martin gave up trying to do the same thing.

John
by John Young
12 May 2024, 11:34
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390
Replies: 239
Views: 7789

Re: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

As well as testing for Package 1, I have been continuing my work on enabling the beautiful helicopter paints that have been contributed by painters here. It involves creating overlay AFCADs to some of the main airfields. It has not been easy, but I think I have cracked the back of it. Firstly findin...
by John Young
02 May 2024, 06:15
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Blender and FS9
Replies: 4
Views: 142

Re: Blender and FS9

You haven't actually asked a question Mat, but I assume it is "Can Blender be used to produce models for FS9?" I don't know the answer to that one for sure, but Blender is a generic modelling program and it probably will. The next question, is; "is a facility required to compile the m...
by John Young
01 May 2024, 08:18
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Urgent Forum Maintenance
Replies: 51
Views: 1888

Re: Urgent Forum Maintenance

Martin, thank you so much for stepping in with cash to keep us going. I hope we can collectively reimburse you as soon as the facility is available.

John
by John Young
01 May 2024, 06:06
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Parking Behavior Question
Replies: 31
Views: 442

Re: Parking Behavior Question

That doesn't look right. Let me explain with a couple of ADE screen shots. Firstly, the principle. AI will push back the same distance as the first node from the exit. So if the first node is positioned on, or very close to the centre, there won't be a pushback. This is the way to do it: https://i.i...
by John Young
30 Apr 2024, 15:02

What you have to do is drop a new blue node on the parking link. You then drag this node backwards to the very centre of the parking spot without going beyond it. As you begin to move the node, the arrow will be easy to keep in line with the parking link (I don't think it matters which direction the...
by John Young
30 Apr 2024, 05:44

Your observation that the aircraft are parked correctly when the sim is launched, but are not so, when they return from flight, tends to indicate that the anti-pushback nodes might be causing the problem. If they are not properly aligned, they will likely cause the aircraft to park out of place on r...
by John Young
29 Apr 2024, 14:56

Martin/Greg, talking of money, will you be reinstating the donations button? Can you say anything about how much money we need to raise each year to pay for the facilities? Chipping in is the least we can do, after all the hard work, to keep the new ball rolling.

John
by John Young
29 Apr 2024, 05:21

Brilliant job Ray and many thanks. We have 7 P3D airfields fitted out with AFCAD overlays for the helicopters and they are working fine with test flight plans. I just need to update the helicopters with your paints and make the operational flight plans. There is a bit of work to do on the FSX overla...
by John Young
28 Apr 2024, 06:17

The simple answer to increasing acceleration, is that you can either reduce the weight of the aircraft (AI aircraft only use the "empty_weight" value) or increase the static thrust of the engines (or the thrust scalar). Changing any of these values, however, is likely to have consequences ...
by John Young
27 Apr 2024, 16:18

Oh, well done Greg and anyone else involved. This is a magnificent step forward and much appreciated.

John
by John Young
23 Apr 2024, 06:20
Topic: RAF Tengah
Replies: 32
Views: 1019

Re: RAF Tengah

The model and paint kit is in a zip attached to a PM to you. Just check your inbox.

John
by John Young
22 Apr 2024, 06:50
Topic: RAF Tengah
Replies: 32
Views: 1019

Re: RAF Tengah

I made the David Brown tractor for the RAF Ford project: https://i.imgur.com/3UffMsB.jpg If you would like the model I can detach it from the trailer, but you will need to repaint it in the post-war blue and yellow. As said before, the model must be embedded in the scenery and not placed from a libr...
by John Young
20 Apr 2024, 08:48

I thought the same thing too Ray, when I placed the prototype A-29 on the pole at the Embraer airfield. It's in the Smoke Squadron scheme and I have the .psp art work if it might be useful. It maps to my own static model that I created, but you can probably use the main elements. If you want to take...
by John Young
20 Apr 2024, 05:30

Tim, that is some spreadsheet! I was quite daunted too before seeing that, but now everything is laid out, I can see why you reacted as you did. It's a great help though and by breaking the project down into manageable chunks, it gives a lot of coherence to the project and a structure to manage. Tha...
by John Young
17 Apr 2024, 05:57

As you say Tim, many of the airfields are peripheral to the original proposition. The primary component of what we do have is Anapolis, as the home to the KC-390s and E/R-99s. That meets our original objective and you have achieved that beautifully. I was surprised too, as to how far the project has...
by John Young
16 Apr 2024, 08:53

Thanks Ray for the repaints that you left in my FTP folder. I have the Manaus, Campo Grande and Santa Maria Blackhawks all set up in an overlay and they are operating fine with the base paint that I gave you. Once you are ready, I can add in the full textures. I have also done the same with the Nata...
by John Young
14 Apr 2024, 15:58
Topic: MSFS RAF Bruggen
Replies: 10
Views: 271

Re: MSFS RAF Bruggen

It does indeed Dale, well done.

John
by John Young
13 Apr 2024, 05:19

You can also try increasing the nose wheel steering angle in the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file. If that doesn't help, you could then try decreasing the distance between the main wheels in the same section. If that doesn't help, you could try moving the nosewheel closer to the main wheels. ...
by John Young
13 Apr 2024, 05:13
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: No AI Aircraft shows up at any military base.
Replies: 3
Views: 112

Re: No AI Aircraft shows up at any military base.

AIFP is telling you that the aircraft cannot be found. That's either because they are not in the right folder or there is a mismatch between the aircraft name in the aircraft.cfg file and the name in the aircraft.txt file. Even a mis-typed character like a "_" can cause this. Just check in...